Miscellaneous News V 5.0

Breesus mode

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This policy says that action needs to be taken, it doesn't limit when coaches can take action on their own.

I know but that kinda covers Chryst's *** because he didn't technically violate it.

Also, I probably worded it wrong. Didn't necessarily mean "aren't allowed." Meant they didn't have to suspend them until charges were filed.

Just now, beekay414 said:

No, I'm not arguing the situation. He should've been suspended no matter what. It was whether or not Chryst could suspend Cephus before the charges were filed. It literally says in the Student Athlete Discipline Policy that the policy applies when charges are filed or the player is arrested.

Yep, I applaud the consistency in your thinking.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I know but that kinda covers Chryst's *** because he didn't technically violate it.

If they're interpreting this that Chryst or Alvarez can't suspend a player until charges are filed, I'm gonna be mad as hell. Davis should absolutely not be playing right now.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If they're interpreting this that Chryst or Alvarez can't suspend a player until charges are filed, I'm gonna be mad as hell. Davis should absolutely not be playing right now.

Could be. It at least covers their ***** because they technically don't have to suspend them until charges are filed. 

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yep, I applaud the consistency in your thinking.

For sure. He should've been suspended once they knew about it but the policy covers their rear ends because they technically didn't have to suspend him until charges were filed. Had Cephus been taken into custody in April, he would've been suspended. Because he wasn't and the Madison PD took their time building the case, he was allowed to participate in camp.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

For sure. He should've been suspended once they knew about it but the policy covers their rear ends because they technically didn't have to suspend him until charges were filed. Had Cephus been taken into custody in April, he would've been suspended. Because he wasn't and the Madison PD took their time building the case, he was allowed to participate in camp.

Yeah this is the norm for WI schools, can't comment on anything out of state. There's the relationship between the coach and player and the duty between law enforcement and athletic staff, as long as he fulfills his duty there he's good. Beyond that the policy is black and white, you get charges, you're suspended until the case is resolved, no exceptions. Takes the decision making out of athletic departments hands and places it in law enforcements where it belongs. 

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And there's a lesson for anyone who ever might have expectations of Ohio State being anything other than a semi-pro football team masquerading as a university.

list all the evidence and determining factors asap please. you obviously know all pertinent information. otherwise wtf are you talking about.

Archived