This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

Not so sure on that.  Wilson would be going into a situation just like he left ... no o line worth a crap and then be without any receivers not to mention 1st round picks for years.  

Yes he will. His wife wants to get back to the east coast where she's from. Chicago is a lot closer to NY than Seattle.

21 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Yes he will. His wife wants to get back to the east coast where she's from. Chicago is a lot closer to NY than Seattle.

Then he should go to the east coast; she still has to get on a plane regardless.  If that's the determining factor for him - good luck with that. 

54 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'd prefer CHI not nab Wilson. Nuf sed. He'll definitely make them better IMO.

I don't think he does, if they have to give up picks and Mack.

At best it is break even.

Chicago is kind of in a "no win" situation.  All because Trubisky didn't pan out.  They have now wasted Mack's prime years.  Their roster does not have the typical young talent because of the Mack trade.

If they go with Wilson, they will need to send multiple picks that way, and if Mack goes in the deal, that's a huge loss.  Wilson isn't good enough on his own to overcome all that is lost in that trade.

Now, if they can keep Mack, then they are better, no doubt about it.  But still, not good enough to get over the hump and with few young players and future picks.

So, they can draft their QB.  Maybe by the time the kid gets really good Mack is 32, and maybe declining in skill.

It is just an interesting situation to watch from afar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I don't think he does, if they have to give up picks and Mack.

At best it is break even.

Chicago is kind of in a "no win" situation.  All because Trubisky didn't pan out.  They have now wasted Mack's prime years.  Their roster does not have the typical young talent because of the Mack trade.

If they go with Wilson, they will need to send multiple picks that way, and if Mack goes in the deal, that's a huge loss.  Wilson isn't good enough on his own to overcome all that is lost in that trade.

Now, if they can keep Mack, then they are better, no doubt about it.  But still, not good enough to get over the hump and with few young players and future picks.

So, they can draft their QB.  Maybe by the time the kid gets really good Mack is 32, and maybe declining in skill.

It is just an interesting situation to watch from afar.

I've not been reading about it so dont know the details of any offers - nor have I read up on the CAP situations for either team.

Mack or no Mack - it will still be a net gain for CHI in terms of on the field competitiveness IMO - but, if they move Mack, losing his salary may help bring back Robinson - who may have seen enough Wilson to Metcalf highlights that he'd come back wanting some of that.

Or - they sign some FA Olineman.....

Fix the OL as best possible.....and you've got yourself a team thats better than this years version.  Wilson - while not always a winner - is certainly a top competitor and always gives his team a shot at winning. He's "been there and done it" - which CHI hasnt had in quite some time.

Not sweating bullets.....but would prefer Wilson stay in SEA cause I think he'd make CHI better. Thats all.

Edited by Leader

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've not been reading about it so dont know the details of any offers - nor have I read up on the CAP situations for either team.

Mack or no Mack - it will still be a net gain for CHI in terms of on the field competitiveness IMO - but, if they move Mack, losing his salary may help bring back Robinson - who may have seen enough Wilson to Metcalf highlights that he'd come back wanting some of that.

Fix the OL as best possible.....and you've got yourself a team thats better than this years version.  Wilson - while not always a winner - is certainly a top competitor and always gives his team a shot at winning. He's "been there and done it" - which CHI hasnt had in quite some time.

Not sweating bullets.....but would prefer Wilson stay in SEA cause I think he'd make CHI better. Thats all.

Cool argument concerning acquiring Wilson.  I had not considered the "ripple effect' of possibly keeping Robinson.

I'm still firmly in the camp that if you want Wilson, you gotta bring a big package for him.  One that starts with Mack and multiple first round picks.  If not Mack, then Roquan Smith and even more picks.

Wilson isn't getting you over the hump without a really nice supporting cast.  And when I say over the hump, the hump is the Vikings.  GB is the mountain.

I just think it is very interesting listening to what Chicago wants to do with either Wilson or Watson.  I don't feel like either is good enough in Chicago to win without Mack and young players.  Mack's first trade ate up a lot of good draft picks that could be really good players right now.  So if they trade Mack and more picks, it kind of compounds that mistake.  

That's my only real point to this.  Mack and picks for a QB.  If they can swing a deal without giving up Mack, then I'll be a little worried.

Right know Jaylon Johnson might be more valuable than Mack with his rookie contract.

Besides I don't see the Seahawks getting a 39M cap hit from trading Wilson PLUS adding Mack's contract.

However, I would be worried about them getting Watson. That's 10 years of having a great QB and they'd have plenty of time to rebuild.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

but, if they move Mack, losing his salary may help bring back Robinson

Mack savings ($5.2m) would be wiped out by the $19m they’d have to add for Wilson. That would leave them like $18.3m over the cap. They’d have to cut Hicks, Graham, and a 3rd guy to fit Wilson. Then probably cut Fuller & one of either Massie or Whitehair to fit Robinson. 

& have no money to bring back all their DL & EDG depth that is hitting FA. Or their kicker. 

29 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Mack savings ($5.2m) would be wiped out by the $19m they’d have to add for Wilson. That would leave them like $18.3m over the cap. They’d have to cut Hicks, Graham, and a 3rd guy to fit Wilson. Then probably cut Fuller & one of either Massie or Whitehair to fit Robinson. 

& have no money to bring back all their DL & EDG depth that is hitting FA. Or their kicker. 

Sounds like it ain't happening then.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I have said it before, and I must say it again.  Listening to Chicago radio hosts and callers when the Bears are doing bad just gives me life.

Yea, it’s been a guilty pleasure of mine lurking on some of their threads. stumbled on this gem from a non-FF forum:

Pace eats a bowl of razors every morning at halas hall....career suicide with the Bears organization is a joke to him....he could **** on Virginia's desk and wipe his *** on her sleeve.... they would probably reward him with a 10 yr extension”. 

Gave me a chuckle. They are livid with their FO/Ownership. 

14 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Yea, it’s been a guilty pleasure of mine lurking on some of their threads. stumbled on this gem from a non-FF forum:

Pace eats a bowl of razors every morning at halas hall....career suicide with the Bears organization is a joke to him....he could **** on Virginia's desk and wipe his *** on her sleeve.... they would probably reward him with a 10 yr extension”. 

Gave me a chuckle. They are livid with their FO/Ownership. 

I think they'll be angling for a QB via the draft. Clearly, they're willing to move draft picks.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

I think they'll be angling for a QB via the draft. Clearly, they're willing to move draft picks.

Not much choice. I imagine they are trying to save their jobs & know it’s probably curtains if they have one more bad year. I think the only thing that could save them is hitting on a QB who plays well as a rookie and they get a decent W-L record. Dalton ain’t gonna be the savior.

1 hour ago, TransientTexan said:

Not much choice. I imagine they are trying to save their jobs & know it’s probably curtains if they have one more bad year. I think the only thing that could save them is hitting on a QB who plays well as a rookie and they get a decent W-L record. Dalton ain’t gonna be the savior.

While the Bears and Lions have taken notable steps backwards, the Vikings have quietly had a strong off-season rebuilding their defense. If you count the guys they didn't have all year last season, they've now added:

Michael Pierce, Danielle Hunter, Dalvin Tomlinson, Patrick Peterson and Mackenzie Alexander. 

Only notable loss is Anthony Harris. 

Vikes should be legit competition this year in the North.