This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So do we want Minnesota to sign Bridgewater, Keenum or Bradford long term?

Not a single one scares me but I'm hoping for Teddy. He never played well against us.

My preferred order would be

Bradford

Bridgewater

Keenum

Based on a combination of factors.  Age, injury history, best season, etc.   Ultimately, the loss of OC Shurmur might be a bigger issue depending on who replaces him.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

How many of those Super Bowls are coached by MM?

All of them.  However, he unfortunately passes away in 2035 but corpse McCarthy remains as head coach in a Weekend at Bernie's scenario, being controlled by still back-up QB Brett Hundley and special teams ace Jeff Janis.

So now that we know where Minnesota ended their year... is the narrative still the same, has Green Bay fallen behind Minnesota?

i mean in the last two seasons both have made it to the championship game and gotten blown out. I don’t know if either is “ahead” of the other. The only plus for either is Green Bay knows it has a QB.

27 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So do we want Minnesota to sign Bridgewater, Keenum or Bradford long term?

Not a single one scares me but I'm hoping for Teddy. He never played well against us.

I think that they can get both Keenum and Bridgewater.  I don't think either will be prohibitively expensive given the cost of the position they play.   I also think that the comfort level for both is highest in Minnesota right now.  That is where Keenum has had his best season and where Bridgewater has played his entire career.  I also think that they let Bradford walk, and someone will give him enough money to land the Vikings a comp pick.  I suppose Keenum could also fetch a comp pick, but I think the safest bet is re-signing Keenum, which will contradict what I am about to write...

As for who we want, I personally don't believe Case Keenum will ever repeat this season's production.  He had easily his best YPA, TD% and rating, and the only reason he didn't have his best INT% was because of a season he threw 125 passes and 1 INT.  He had more of an opportunity this season, but I want him to prove it wasn't a fluke.  Not many guys blow up like he did at 29 without showing much beforehand.  I think he is Erik Kramer, not Rich Gannon.

http://www.nfl.com/player/casekeenum/2532888/careerstats

2 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I think that they can get both Keenum and Bridgewater.  I don't think either will be prohibitively expensive given the cost of the position they play.   I also think that the comfort level for both is highest in Minnesota right now.  That is where Keenum has had his best season and where Bridgewater has played his entire career.  I also think that they let Bradford walk, and someone will give him enough money to land the Vikings a comp pick.  I suppose Keenum could also fetch a comp pick, but I think the safest bet is re-signing Keenum, which will contradict what I am about to write...

As for who we want, I personally don't believe Case Keenum will ever repeat this season's production.  He had easily his best YPA, TD% and rating, and the only reason he didn't have his best INT% was because of a season he threw 125 passes and 1 INT.  He had more of an opportunity this season, but I want him to prove it wasn't a fluke.  Not many guys blow up like he did at 29 without showing much beforehand.  I think he is Erik Kramer, not Rich Gannon.

http://www.nfl.com/player/casekeenum/2532888/careerstats

Really? I think someone will break the bank for him in desperation. I have to think about what Glennon got. Then again Case, he is almost 30.

4 minutes ago, Green19 said:

So now that we know where Minnesota ended their year... is the narrative still the same, has Green Bay fallen behind Minnesota?

i mean in the last two seasons both have made it to the championship game and gotten blown out. I don’t know if either is “ahead” of the other. The only plus for either is Green Bay knows it has a QB.

Well, they were better than we were this season.  I would say that we are behind Minnesota and Detroit, and will be until we play some games.  

2 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Well, they were better than we were this season.  I would say that we are behind Minnesota and Detroit, and will be until we play some games.  

I don’t know. I get that you are what your record is and all but we all understand what injuries do to teams. Just like I’m willing to listen to how a healthy Cook does push them over the top.

I just don’t think they are better then Green Bay... when you add EVERYTHING up. I’m not saying that defense isn’t light years ahead of Green Bay’s... just saying as long as Green Bay has Rodgers there isn’t a team “ahead” of Green Bay unless they have “the man” too. Like the Eagles, once wentz is back.

But look I’m not complaining... this year finally created change on the defensive staff. There is hope it might get better even if the roster doesn’t change over a ton.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Minnesota does have a better roster than GB and has the best roster in the division IMO. Their QB situation though is what keeps them from consistently being ahead of GB right now. So in a way, yes, GB has fallen behind Minnesota, but Rodgers is the great equalizer still

1 minute ago, ArthurPensky said:

Really? I think someone will break the bank for him in desperation. I have to think about what Glennon got. Then again Case, he is almost 30.

It depends on what GMs think of Keenum, I guess.  Looking at the FA list, he has some competition.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/

And Alex Smith is probably available.  

If I were a GM, I don't think Case Keenum is a player that I would bet my job on by giving him a big contract.

Just now, JBURGE25 said:

That was a pretty brutal loss lol. Vikings divisional and conf championship similar to us last year. I feel for their fans. As MM would put it, they ran into a buzz saw

if this is the start of a trend, then this is great news for the Bears or Lions next yr. One of those lucky teams will get to represent the NFCN in the title game only to get blown out

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I don’t know. I get that you are what your record is and all but we all understand what injuries do to teams. Just like I’m willing to listen to how a healthy Cook does push them over the top.

I just don’t think they are better then Green Bay... when you add EVERYTHING up. I’m not saying that defense isn’t light years ahead of Green Bay’s... just saying as long as Green Bay has Rodgers there isn’t a team “ahead” of Green Bay unless they have “the man” too. Like the Eagles, once wentz is back.

But look I’m not complaining... this year finally created change on the defensive staff. There is hope it might get better even if the roster doesn’t change over a ton.

The Packers advantages over the Vikings are QB and offensive line.  IMO the offensive skill positions are close enough to be a push, Vikings certainly get more bang for their buck here.  The Vikings defense is a lot better than the Packers defense across the board, unless you maybe take Kenny Clark and whichever safety instead of Sendejo.  The Packers need all-world QB play to win, the Vikings need above average QB play to win.  I would say that the Vikings top to bottom are better.

15 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

It depends on what GMs think of Keenum, I guess.  Looking at the FA list, he has some competition.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/

And Alex Smith is probably available.  

If I were a GM, I don't think Case Keenum is a player that I would bet my job on by giving him a big contract.

Me either. But inevitably someone will.