This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

2 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

That was a pretty brutal loss lol. Vikings divisional and conf championship similar to us last year. I feel for their fans. As MM would put it, they ran into a buzz saw

Foles played out of his mind.  Philly better pray he plays like that again in 2 weeks...

2 hours ago, Green19 said:

Again agreed... but rosters are built around  star players. My point is regardless how constructed, a team of 1 or a team with good talent top to bottom... it still renders the same results. 

Guess I just have an issue with the idea of “if you take Rodgers out...” because GB has built AROUND him as the center piece. So until GB gets a defense or Minnesota gets a QB, in a weird way we are in the same spot.

Yes, we built our team around our elite QB and MN around their D.  It is a little easier with a QB because it is harder to keep a top notch defense together for more than a couple of years.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

The vikes won't win a Super Bowl with Keenum or Bridgewater or Bradford.  So it kinda doesn't matter who they keep. Their fate will be the same.

The only chance they have is to get a much better QB while the defense is still top notch. And even that's a challenge because that defense got beat by Cam Newton ( 31 points), Drew Brees ( 24 points in the 2nd half) and Nick Foles ( 31 points) in December/January

The vike defense didn't have the horses to pull it off on the road (or at home) in crunch time -  when paired with a subpar QB. 

IF they had a top notch QB, then maybe they can battle with the elite teams in December/January.

Teddy and/or Case  ?  No SB win, ever

Drafting late round QB ?  No SB win for 2-3 seasons

Zimmer's defense was 0-4 in the playoffs in Cincy. He's 1-2 in minny and the only win he got was on a Miracle. Zimmer is a very good NFL coach, but he's not good enough to overcome their limitations on both sides of the ball.

You still need a good QB along with a great defense to get to the Superb Owl most of the time.  Take Jax for example.  Had they had a decent QB yesterday they beat NE in Foxborough.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

The gift that keeps on giving.  Because the Vikings were eliminated, they are giving up their 3rd round pick to Philadelphia as part of the Sam Bradford trade.

Yep. We traded our 4th to PHI in the Bradford deal, and we traded our 7th for Trumaine Brock. We will likely get two 6th round comp picks

1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 6, 6

We still have that 3rd rounder

4 hours ago, TENINCH said:

That's nearly what Rodgers makes. If I'm the Vikings I say bye to Keenum and focus on resigning Teddy and drafting a QB.

I guess I just don't understand the fixation Vikings fans (and even the organization) have with Teddy.  I think Teddy is a fine QB, but in my opinion, his limitations will prevent Minny from going any further than they did this year, if even that far.  I also wonder if his leg will allow him to be as mobile as he used to be.  I guess I'm just not sold on him as the long-term answer, especially for as long as he's been out of action.  I like Keenum, and in now way do I put yesterdays massacre on his shoulders.  The Vikings defense was swiss cheese and Zimmer just flat out didn't have his team prepared.  For a team with that much talent, I was just blown away.

7 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

The Packers advantages over the Vikings are QB and offensive line.  IMO the offensive skill positions are close enough to be a push, Vikings certainly get more bang for their buck here.  The Vikings defense is a lot better than the Packers defense across the board, unless you maybe take Kenny Clark and whichever safety instead of Sendejo.  The Packers need all-world QB play to win, the Vikings need above average QB play to win.  I would say that the Vikings top to bottom are better.

Until they get to the playoffs. Where you absolutely need good QB play. Final six quarters of football were brutal for them on both sides of the ball, major whiff on game clinching tackle not included. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Green19 said:

All true but can the Vikings really just let all their QBs go? They are in a tough spot...

here's vikefan Florio talking about "none of the above" ( he always steals my material)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/22/vikings-need-a-true-franchise-quarterback/

"As the Vikings commence the process of figuring out what to do with three veteran quarterbacks whose contracts have expired, there’s an important option that the Vikings need to include:

D. None of the above. "

16 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

here's vikefan Florio talking about "none of the above" ( he always steals my material)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/22/vikings-need-a-true-franchise-quarterback/

"As the Vikings commence the process of figuring out what to do with three veteran quarterbacks whose contracts have expired, there’s an important option that the Vikings need to include:

D. None of the above. "

I mean I under It’s an option but is it a legitimate one? Like if you tell me they will get either Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins... sure don’t sign any of them.

But I’m just saying those guys will want long term deals and I don’t know if they do any better then Keenum did this year. Better the devil you know type of deal. Again I think they sign Keenum to a short, good money deal so both are happy and they draft a QB in the 2nd/3rd round.

31 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I mean I under It’s an option but is it a legitimate one? Like if you tell me they will get either Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins... sure don’t sign any of them.

But I’m just saying those guys will want long term deals and I don’t know if they do any better then Keenum did this year. Better the devil you know type of deal. Again I think they sign Keenum to a short, good money deal so both are happy and they draft a QB in the 2nd/3rd round.

I'll do an add on to your construction job.....

Do that with Keenum or whoever will take the bait. Of the three on the roster - I'd figure the short term led by Keenum better than Bradford (who I consider seriously damaged goods at the time) and Teddy (who I was never bowled over about and hasnt seen a regular season game in two years) - if you can get Keenum and/or his agent to take it. They gotta figure its a short term fix / set up - which it is.

Then I'd go for Ballsy GM Of The Year Award - and trade somebody good - not just a body but a player - a good one (like Matt Barr-like) - but one you can either live without in the overall or replace to some degree - plus something from next year - to move up and snag Josh Allen - the Wyoming kid.

I dont know more than I know about the guy - but he's got a really serious NFL arm on him and if you (or me.....thats right, I'm the one shooting for the award.....) if I can pull that off - I just set the organization up with a franchise QB for the next ten years.

I'll put it to you another way - what little I know about the QB's coming out this year - Allen's the only one I wouldnt want in the NFC North - and MN's the only candidate for that job.