2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

**** Sherman is recovering from (2) Achilles repair surgeries... turns 30 in a couple of weeks. And has a $ 13 million cap number for 2018

big-toast-img.png

Yeah toast!!

I don't wanna see any tears from Sherman... he brought this on himself.

I think the team would have been willing to ride with him through his injuries bu the way he has handled the SB loss has been pathetic. Seahawks looking for a reason to let him loose... his own achilles gave them their excuse.

9 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

I don't wanna see any tears from Sherman... he brought this on himself.

He'll be fine, he's got a gig waiting in coaching, scouting, or the media when he retires.  Sherman's a real smart dude who understands media.  A lot of his public persona as a CB was a character he played anyway.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

He'll be fine, he's got a gig waiting in coaching, scouting, or the media when he retires.  Sherman's a real smart dude who understands media.  A lot of his public persona as a CB was a character he played anyway.

I could give a rats *** about his persona and his whole bad guy character... it was pretty obvious that he was an issue in the locker room, and if I recall correctly there were ex Seattle guys who said as much. 

Don't really care where his future leads him after raking in millions playing football...

2 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

I dont care, I want Sherman. We've been lining up garbage, new DC, new culture, HOF QB, Sherman would be all in on adding to his legacy.

On the bandwagon.

I'm just gonna ride by and push you off that wagon. Sherman.... no thanks. 

10 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If it wasn't for those issue with the achilles I'd think he might be exactly what the doctor ordered ... a good veteran press corner.  The healthy version of Sherman would be a great fit in Pettine's scheme.

He's pretty close to washed even before the achilles.  He didn't have any speed to lose, and he lost some prior to last season.

Vinny Curry is getting cut?  He's like 6M dead cap if they cut him.  Seems like a strange move unless they really don't like him.  Of course, adding Michael Bennett was a strange move for a team so heavily invested at DL with Cox, Jernigan, Barnett, Graham, curry, and Long already on the roster

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If it wasn't for those issue with the achilles I'd think he might be exactly what the doctor ordered ... a good veteran press corner.  The healthy version of Sherman would be a great fit in Pettine's scheme.

That's my thoughts on it as well.  I'm lukewarm at best when he was pre-injury, but a torn Achilles at that age is a kiss of death in terms of interest for me.

Archived