BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

Sorry, moving the conversations over to this thread.....wouldn't the things we voted on take place next season, not this season?

For example our cap space would only go up the 2% this season, but next season it trails the NFL by a year.

The original 2% cap thing wouldn't have gone into effect until next year.  The new trailing thing is replacing it.  

The reason I am able to use the 75% 3 up amount is because any 3 up will be a 2019 3 up since it is after FA. 

53 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

The original 2% cap thing wouldn't have gone into effect until next year.  The new trailing thing is replacing it.  

The reason I am able to use the 75% 3 up amount is because any 3 up will be a 2019 3 up since it is after FA. 

What?  

No, I disagree with that.  

Edited by Ragnarok

8 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I disagree with the 75% applying to anything this year.  Which this would.

So should it revert to 75% next year? 

There are never going to be any more 85% 3 ups.  That was pretty clear by the voting and because all 3 ups will use 2019 resources and beyond. 

Edited by SirA1

30 minutes ago, PR said:

It effects this year's contract does it not?

Absolutely I'm paying the player 13.5 times his salary this year with the new contract. 

I'm doing it now to save some cap next year and paying the player more overall over 6 years versus 5 years.  

Because if I wait till next year I have to pay the Pheltz penalty.