Marcus Peters traded to Rams

WizardHawk

1 minute ago, samsel23 said:

Why do I have a feeling this is going to be so laughably bad, I won’t even be mad

This deal will make or break for my opinion of Veach and the rest of the organization. Not that they or anyone cares...

We got Fuller who was the best slot guy and we're now making him a #1. Why not keep Peters/Nelson on the outside and let Fuller shine where he did before? I can't imagine Peters being that bad of a guy in the locker room that he'd force a trade. The guy does good in the community and I've heard nothing but good from people who have met/talked to the guy.

6 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

What is he going to cost? Looks like EJ Gaines is a one and done in Buffalo.

I think he'll probably look at the Josh Norman as the immediate comp, so I would assume that Trumaine starts at 5/75. Norman was the same age when he hit FA, zone corner, etc. Johnson not as good, but inflation, consistency, etc. I'd say you're looking around there to start. 

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

This deal will make or break for my opinion of Veach and the rest of the organization. Not that they or anyone cares...

We got Fuller who was the best slot guy and we're now making him a #1. Why not keep Peters/Nelson on the outside and let Fuller shine where he did before? I can't imagine Peters being that bad of a guy in the locker room that he'd force a trade. The guy does good in the community and I've heard nothing but good from people who have met/talked to the guy.

He played too well in the playoff game tbh, we don’t accept this kind of behavior 

10 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

This could be really telling if Dorsey didn't want Peters.... its also possible that the Chiefs didn't want to deal with Dorsey or vice-versa

Dorsey's departure from KC left a couple of skid marks and I can't see Andy wanting to make Dorsey look good in Cleveland. Chiefs chose deal with Wash over deal from Cleveland for Alex Smith.

I would be willing to bet there is more truth than fiction to this. If you look at the Alex Smith trade, and then add this - I'd conclude there were some bridges burned, check that - scorched, upon Dorsey's exit from Arrowhead. So, as a reply, KC is now giving the Browns the "economy salute". (Why extend 4 fingers when just one will get the job done?)

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I haven’t read the pages in the thread so I’m  just gonna say to Chiefs fans, please don’t dismiss this and diminish his importance to your team. Don’t do “he wasn’t all that good anyway”

And Rams fans don’t overrate him now because he’s on your team.

Actually from what I've seen, Chiefs fans are really bummed out about this.

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I haven’t read the pages in the thread so I’m  just gonna say to Chiefs fans, please don’t dismiss this and diminish his importance to your team. Don’t do “he wasn’t all that good anyway”

And Rams fans don’t overrate him now because he’s on your team.

You didn't read the thread, but you still felt the need to mini-mod everyone.

Just now, BroncoSojia said:

Do any of you guys think the Broncos could get something for Talib?

They will, but not a lot. Age and salary are a major issue there.  I think he lacks major trade value. late mid round pick type? The problem is, if the Broncos are going to make a serious run at Cousins and fix the o-line, they need to shed salary, and teams know that. They aren't going to offer a lot (if anything) if they believe that the Broncos will just cut him. However, I think that there will be teams that would offer something just to prevent him from hitting FA (including the 49ers, who have a very good relationship with Broncos brass) 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

They will, but not a lot. Age and salary are a major issue there.  I think he lacks major trade value. late mid round pick type? The problem is, if the Broncos are going to make a serious run at Cousins and fix the o-line, they need to shed salary, and teams know that. They aren't going to offer a lot (if anything) if they believe that the Broncos will just cut him. However, I think that there will be teams that would offer something just to prevent him from hitting FA (including the 49ers, who have a very good relationship with Broncos brass) 

Perfect quote.

I think a team could offer a 4th or 5th for him.

Archived