The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

On 11/14/2020 at 11:18 AM, Deadpulse said:

I think they leaned to heavy on people knowing who the character is prior to the episode. Which is tough, because while extremely good, Clone Wars and Rebels are still cartoons marketed for kids. The demo for Mandalorian is not that. 

I am a big Star Wars fan. I have barely watched any of Clone Wars and none of Rebels. You are exactly right. Had no idea who she was (but reading up on it today). 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 8:18 AM, Deadpulse said:

I think they leaned to heavy on people knowing who the character is prior to the episode. Which is tough, because while extremely good, Clone Wars and Rebels are still cartoons marketed for kids. The demo for Mandalorian is not that. 

I agree with that. I’m only on Season 4 of Clone Wars so I haven’t seen her character but I’ve heard of her through different YouTube videos and know her backstory a little so I was pretty pumped.

My partner on the other hand didn’t but she was still excited that there were other Mandarlorians.

lol at Din telling them they weren’t real Mandalorians.

3 hours ago, scar988 said:

Also, it makes sense that Din Djarin is from a crazy sect of Mandalorian culture. I feel like we saw Jango Fett take his helmet off often and Boba never did, but more due to his job than anything else.

Neither Fett is a Mandalorian.

I’m looking forward to seeing the dark saber in action.

3 hours ago, Acgott said:

Thank god those two aren’t joining the main story. Another disappointing episode, but at least that was expected.

Next week we get Ahsoka and then the big fights.

I actually really enjoyed the episode

5 minutes ago, D82 said:

Yeah, I didn't mind it either. Wondering what those things Moff Gideon was looking at though. 

I am REAAAAAAAAALLY hoping that Gideon ISNT the guy in charge of getting Palps a clone body with a high 'M' count (I like how they both had the balls to reference mediclorians but also the subtlety to just call it 'M'). I would rather this completely stay away from the Skywalker story altogether. 

6 hours ago, Acgott said:

Thank god those two aren’t joining the main story. Another disappointing episode, but at least that was expected.

Gina Carrano is such a bad actress. Her dialogue is cringeworthy.  I enjoy the show but it has gotten so formulaic.  Mando helps someone in exchange for something.  Repeat. The sequences can still be fun but it’s so cookie cutter. 

I thought this episode was fun. There was some good humor, exciting fight sequences, & BY being cute. I do agree that it's been one of the weaker episodes this season & I would be ok if they kill off Carano's character. She's bad.

Anyone think the thing in the water tube thing looked like Snoke? Can't wait for next episode. Feloni directing + Ahsoka!