Eagles DE Michael Bennett has warrant for his arrest

49erurtaza

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

If he pushed his way to get onto the field, and tipped an old lady over and hurt her, he shouldn’t get charged?

There's no good reason for an paraplegic old lady to be in such a situation to begin with. 

Or should I have my 85 year old senile grandfather who just got a heart valve replaced working for the Secret Service?

11 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I think you're over-simplifying things.

Signed, a Dolphins fan who is also wondering why a wheelchair-bound elderly woman was in that position and why it took 14 months for any charges to be filed. 

Agreed.

Chargers fan here and I am wondering why the hell a wheelchair-bound woman is working security for the biggest game/event of the year. 

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

The intent matters, for most crimes. This one would be no different.

That's why the charge is simply harming an elderly person and not anything to do with assault.

He was told he couldn't go on the field at that point, pushed past people to get on the field. He broke an order and is liable for anything that happened as a result. 

Just now, Danger said:

There's no good reason for an paraplegic old lady to be in such a situation to begin with. 

Or should I have my 85 year old senile grandfather who just got a heart valve replaced working for the Secret Service?

Sure it's true, but Bennett needs to be held accountable for what he did, as does the security company.

Just now, Danger said:

I forgot Philly fans don’t like old people from other cities..

6 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

Noticing a trend in this thread. Eagles fans blaming the security team vs. everyone else blaming Bennett.

Has nothing to do with my being an Eagles fan. I didn't like the trade or his acquisition to begin with. If we can have the trade reversed than I'd welcome that, but this whole situation is flat out preposterous.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

The fact that there was a 66 year old paraplegic working security in an event where something like this is inevitably going to happen is ludicrous. Additionally, while I don't know this for sure, I have my doubts that it was direct confrontation, but rather Bennett was simply caught up in the moment and paid no mind to the individual and shoved them relatively unknowingly. His brother just won the Super Bowl, wouldn't you be excited and sort of not paying attention to anything else? I blame the staff at NRG stadium for allowing an unfit worker to be hired into a dangerous situation.

Bennett isn't a good person, but this whole case is asinine.

nah man, you are responsible for your own actions, this isnt anyone elses fault but his. whether it warrants such a serious punishment will be up to the justice system. but he has no one to blame but himself

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

I forgot Philly fans don’t like old people from other cities..

I forgot that hiring a 66 year old paraplegic to do work that should be for physically capable individuals was a bad idea.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Sure it's true, but Bennett needs to be held accountable for what he did, as does the security company.

That's fair. If Bennett has to pay for any medical and legal costs I could see that being a fit punishment.

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Well now you're adding qualifiers. Let's add another one: "intentionally" or "through careless actions". Throw one of those in there and my answer is Yes he should be charged.

They put felony charges on him. I would assume they have some sort of “intent” in on this. It’s says “knowingly” in the charge.

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

The Security company was just trying to have a diverse work force...she wasn't hired to be the muscle for this operation

Sure, but if an airlines is looking for a diverse workforce and a person who's largest phobia is heights applies to work there, should they put them on the airplane as a flight attendant or on the ground doing customer service?

They put this woman at a direct access point to the field, directly in harms way, their intent doesn't matter.

Archived