Raiders Release P Marquette King

HTTRDynasty

I have hated nearly every single move Gruden has made, and this may be the worst one. Just a stupid move. If this really was based off Marquette being a flamboyant personality, Gruden is proving all the haters correct that he is a dinosaur stuck in his ways and out of his element, unable to adapt to these new player's.

55 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Gruden is proving all the haters correct that he is a dinosaur stuck in his ways and out of his element, unable to adapt to these new player's.

Tell that to Bill Belichick.

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Gruden is proving all the haters correct that he is a dinosaur stuck in his ways and out of his element, unable to adapt to these new player's.

You do realize it's not Gruden's job to adapt, it's the players? He's doing what most established HC do. Sets a Tone. Sets an expectation. My way or highway.

If King ended up on the block, there was a reason. Not surprising in the least Gruden's getting "his type of players".

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You do realize it's not Gruden's job to adapt, it's the players? He's doing what most established HC do. Sets a Tone. Sets an expectation. My way or highway.

How exactly is the player expected to “adapt” if he hasn’t even met with the coach yet? 

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It is, but its also impossible to have a perfect methodology for punting or almost anything that is subjective.

Yet, when I look at Net Punting, I20:TB ratio, and punt return yards allowed, I get a better list.

12 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:
22 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

How exactly is the player expected to “adapt” if he hasn’t even met with the coach yet? 

You don't think Gruden's had contact with King during his years of travels throughout MNF? Visiting of training camps? Time around the Raiders in the past? Don't think he's talk to people inside the building about insight on current players?

Whatever he's heard or witness, he clearly didn't like. Not the first , won't be the last. Every HC, makes examples. Every one!

26 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If King ended up on the block, there was a reason. Not surprising in the least Gruden's getting "his type of players".

Umm no.  Its the coaches job to adapt.  Coaching requires communication and Gruden is an old school hc, the problem is old school methods dont work with millennials.  You have to be able to explain why.  You have to positively reinforce them...a lot.  Grudens old school mentality of my way or the highway is not going to go well.

Archived