The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

So now with Pat Elfien back and healthy, what are we going to do with the offensive line in the playoffs after what we saw against the Bears? What do we hope for? What's our best option?

Left to Right Options:

Reiff - Sirles - Elfien - Berger - Remmers

Reiff - Elfien - Berger - Remmers - Hill

Reiff - Remmers - Elfien - Berger - Hill

Reiff - Berger - Elfien - Remmers - Hill

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

I'd probably go with the bottom option. Berger is the player who I can feel around the most. Or the first option with Sirles.

The bottom option is what it will be next year, save Easton at LG instead of Berger...not this year.  This year in the playoffs, it's the top option, guaranteed.  

7 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

With Berger likely to retire, who would backup Elflein at C?  Would Easton be bumped to backup C/G? 

Why is Isadora worthy of your... adoration?

I think Isidora would add more value in the run game. He's got some size and may be able to move people. Isidora might work better at RG if they are committed to Easton as a starter. Easton would be the backup center when Berger retires.

Edited by vikingsrule

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I think Isidora would add more value in the run game. He's got some size and may be able to move people. Isidora might work better at RG if they are committed to Easton as a starter. Easton would be the backup center when Berger retires.

If all this happens, does that make OT a higher priority than OG in the 2018 draft?   (i.e. Elflein - C,  Easton - LG, Isadora - RG, and two of Reiley, Remmers, Hill as starting OTs, with a rookie OT being groomed as a replacement).