Why are you here? (10,000th post)

ReggieCamp

ah i came round these parts as a high schooler and now i guess since im turning 30 im pretty much just addicted to this site til the robots take over.  i like talkin about the browns too much i guess and in NYC i dont get to talk to too many browns fans that often

13 minutes ago, mistakey said:

ah i came round these parts as a high schooler and now i guess since im turning 30 im pretty much just addicted to this site til the robots take over.  i like talkin about the browns too much i guess and in NYC i dont get to talk to too many browns fans that often

What do you do in nyc?

I'm 41, so I remember going to games at municipal stadium (what a dump). As a youngster I remember joe Carter hitting multiple home runs during a double header, I remember Bernie kosar to Webster slaughter, Metcalf up the middle, and metlcalf on some amazing kick returns. I remember art moving the team to Baltimore. The browns are in my blood. For better or worse, they are family. 

42 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I came here to rub it in everyone's faces how much smarter I am than them. I douchebaggingly smirk at any post that's not my own. I look down on all of you as my inferiors and use your lack of knowledge as sustenance. 

Plus I love the Browns and the draft. I spend more time on evaluating NFL prospects than I do doing just about anything else. Sad, but true. Every year I spend easily 50+ hours on game tape alone. Then another 100+ hours watching CFB on the weekends.

just joshin' everybody! I love all of you guys on the forum. Except @KingOfTheDot. I don't love him. Or @Breesus mode. We don't get along.

I love you tho

I grew up a Browns fan, instilled by my grandfather and my father. I literally remember going to a charity basketball game when I was young and watching Webster Slaughter dunk on a local firemen/policemen intramural team in Bellefontaine, OH. Art Modell nearly ruined the NFL for me forever, I boycotted it from 1995 to 1999. I became a fervent Buckeye fan and immersed myself in college football nationwide. The Return in 1999 was bittersweet, I've felt like a fan of an expansion team instead of a storied franchise ever since. I just want a little sustained success, prove we're not a fluke, and that we belong again. 18 seasons. One playoff loss. The NFL Draft became my mantra right after I graduated college in 2003 and researched mock drafts in every corner of the InterWebs, if I could divine the right players to pick with a modicum of success then our professional scouts should be able to do it, right? That's when I stumbled upon this forum. I posted maybe a dozen times, always between the Scouting Combine and the NFL Draft. That was my sweet spot, but it was mainly just to read. When they "upgraded" to the new format, I decided to become a more frequent poster. If nothing else, I can maybe make my chops at sketch-comedy writing in here.

I heard internet bullying was really fun, and this seemed like just as good a place as any to make nerds cry. Cry @freakygeniuskid, cry!!

Nah...

Football, and especially the draft, totally captured my adolescent mind. '04 draft was first one I actually paid attention to (you suck, Kellen) '05 was first one I watched(I hate you Braylon) '06, I rooted SO HARD to take Haloti Ngata at 11, but instead, we took Kamerion Wimbly(hate you too Kam) then the '07 draft happened. Best draft night of my life. I had serious draft wood! Like, raging draft wood (You broke my heart, Brady)

I love talking sports. Everyone I talked sports with moved away; my two brothers joined the Airforce, my best friend moved to North Carolina, and my dad is dead to me.... he's a Steelers fan. Before my buddy moved, he told me about the forum. He never posted but loved to read. The Browns brought me here, but It was the over the top sarcasm and shenanigans that made me stay.

I love the tomfoolery! Plus, a number of you fellas know your stuff. Well....maybe a few... at least 2??

BTW, congrats @ReggieCamp Glad you decided to do something special. Respect.

Not sure how I stumbled upon it tbh. In 2004, I guess I was a 15 year old without a hobby outside of playing or talking about sports. 

Now, I’m almost 30, and very little has changed. Except that the NFL Draft forum didn’t have Mel Jr. Jr. in it, and as a whole was worth going to back then. I still come here as my local watering hole to talk Browns in hopes that we inch closer to success. And I’ve now brought a wife and two small boys into a world where rooting for a successful pro football team is a foreign concept. Cheers to the next 15 years.

10 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

I've been posting here off and on for about 12 years.  Moderated for a while.  Was never a 30+ post per day kinda guy.  I always read more than I post.  But somehow, I have 10,000 posts on an Internet forum.  And you are reading post #10,000.

Use this topic to post what brought you here, why you stay here, and maybe why you spend way too much time in here.

I'll go first. I love football.  But more than football, I love my Browns.  My dad instilled it in me at a young age.  I have instilled it into my son (who is now finishing his freshman year in college, for those who have known me for a while).  Anyway, I always liked that this forum wasn't a complete dumpster fire like most others.  I know we joke about the mods, but the standard that is set here by Webby and others makes it a much better place to be imo.

This almost fits me to a T.

Just hit 10,000 myself, starting around the same time.

Wondering how that happened.

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

This almost fits me to a T.

Just hit 10,000 myself, starting around the same time.

Wondering how that happened.

I know, right? How's a pimp like you find time around managing a stable of geriatric honey's to post ten thousand times?? I'm guessing high fiber, calisthenics, lil blue pills, and dial-up internet. ;)I'm your biggest fan, Bruce.

12 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

What do you do in nyc?

For some reason someone thought it was a good idea to let me enforce (or help enforce) global equity research regulations (MiFID II) at a major technology company

so basically I just post on this forum lol

Wait. I thought I was the only actual Browns fan in here and that the rest of you were actually trolling Steelers fans playing the long game. You sure do sound like trolls most of the time.

As far as why I came to be Browns fan, I'd say I relate to @Kiwibrown in finding a special joy in turning around a Madden bottom dweller. Also, Brady Quinn...yowza. 

Now #funTayne just stays for teh misery.

Archived