What video game are you playing?

56 minutes ago, Norm said:

So this is random and my patience in gaming is absolutely terrible anymore but I started playing this on switch tonight (had played some on PS3 first I think it was) and got bored 5 minutes in and looking for something to play in emulation instead lol

Well *****, I just paid for it and it's downloading now hahaha

I did that the other day too with Call of Juarez or whatever. Paid for it, downloaded it, played for maybe 1 hour and never picked it up again. I went out and bought 2k21 and still haven't even put it in my system yet.

Maybe I just don't like video games anymore lol

Edited by AkronsWitness

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Well *****, I just paid for it and it's downloading now hahaha

Hahaha. It could purely be me. I have a hacked switch (don't tell Nintendo on me) with 100 actual games and a ton of roms so I jump too easy.. Plus I've played the first probably 5 hours already. Wanna sit and play something but just can't get settled in. 

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Hahaha. It could purely be me. I have a hacked switch (don't tell Nintendo on me) with 100 actual games and a ton of roms so I jump too easy.. Plus I've played the first probably 5 hours already. Wanna sit and play something but just can't get settled in. 

I know the feeling....a buddy of mine just talked with me about that the other day.

We are both in our early 30s and ever sine the pandemic he was like 'man, I just don't like video games anymore' and I was totally with him. Like I want to play stuff it sounds good, then I get the controller in my hands and after like 15 mins I turn it off because I either can't get into it or games just don't entertain me the way the used to. It could just be a phase though.

We were talking about how gaming hot destroyed by streamers on YT/TTV because all anybody does now in Fortnite, Warzone, ECT is just sweat. They watch their favorite streamer and now everybody wants to go pro and there is no such thing as just casual online multiplayer anymore.

It's tough, I feel like I'm at a real crossroads where I want to play something new to suck me in again--but nothing sounds good you know?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I know the feeling....a buddy of mine just talked with me about that the other day.

We are both in our early 30s and ever sine the pandemic he was like 'man, I just don't like video games anymore' and I was totally with him. Like I want to play stuff it sounds good, then I get the controller in my hands and after like 15 mins I turn it off because I either can't get into it or games just don't entertain me the way the used to. It could just be a phase though.

We were talking about how gaming hot destroyed by streamers on YT/TTV because all anybody does now in Fortnite, Warzone, ECT is just sweat. They watch their favorite streamer and now everybody wants to go pro and there is no such thing as just casual online multiplayer anymore.

It's tough, I feel like I'm at a real crossroads where I want to play something new to suck me in again--but nothing sounds good you know?

For sure. I'm 35 and I have felt this way for quite a damn while now. And it's not even just sweat MP but that too. I have somehow found a way to not be as competitive with that as I used to be but still find ways to have fun, but that doesn't mean I'm not triggered at times. I've just become such a collector, moreso just consoles really then using external drives with CFW and flash carts and stuff because I just absolutely don't have the money otherwise, so I blame that. Just overload, but I think even if I just had one system I wouldn't play a ton either. I wish I'd come home and play a game and relax more often though. Been drinking far too much which isn't cheap either. That being said, it's still fun when I fall into it but it seems to be harder all the time. Nobody I know that used to game really does anymore which doesn't help either.

21 minutes ago, Norm said:

For sure. I'm 35 and I have felt this way for quite a damn while now. And it's not even just sweat MP but that too. I have somehow found a way to not be as competitive with that as I used to be but still find ways to have fun, but that doesn't mean I'm not triggered at times. I've just become such a collector, moreso just consoles really then using external drives with CFW and flash carts and stuff because I just absolutely don't have the money otherwise, so I blame that. Just overload, but I think even if I just had one system I wouldn't play a ton either. I wish I'd come home and play a game and relax more often though. Been drinking far too much which isn't cheap either. That being said, it's still fun when I fall into it but it seems to be harder all the time. Nobody I know that used to game really does anymore which doesn't help either.

Right I've always found that I was having the most fun playing games when it was a social thing. Getting online to play multiplayer with a few friends or playing arcade games on the Switch whenever people are in person.

I have always struggled with having a interest in playing solo, which is why I haven't been a huge RPG fan since the days if the N64.

To your last point though, yeah, not many people I know are online anymore or play a ton so that definitely makes my desire to hop on lower and lower and lower

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Right I've always found that I was having the most fun playing games when it was a social thing. Getting online to play multiplayer with a few friends or playing arcade games on the Switch whenever people are in person.

I have always struggled with having a interest in playing solo, which is why I haven't been a huge RPG fan since the days if the N64.

To your last point though, yeah, not many people I know are online anymore or play a ton so that definitely makes my desire to hop on lower and lower and lower

Exactly what I almost came back to say, I just grew up playing games with others. I played alone plenty too and everything but other than getting older I think that's the biggest thing. Playing all by myself just gets bored faster than it used to when you're not against or with friends or handing over a controller etc

On 8/10/2021 at 12:09 AM, Norm said:

Exactly what I almost came back to say, I just grew up playing games with others. I played alone plenty too and everything but other than getting older I think that's the biggest thing. Playing all by myself just gets bored faster than it used to when you're not against or with friends or handing over a controller etc

I just played a few hours of Black Flag--its a fun game and I love the Pirate theme. The only thing I cant stand is the freerunning system. Sometimes when I just want to run my guy just starts climbing up walls randomly lol

I also have to get used to the fact that this game is not a 'fight everybody' type of game and a lot of missions require stealth. I have a hard time being stealthy and as soon as somebody spots me I just start trying to go 1v40 with swords haha

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I just played a few hours of Black Flag--its a fun game and I love the Pirate theme. The only thing I cant stand is the freerunning system. Sometimes when I just want to run my guy just starts climbing up walls randomly lol

I also have to get used to the fact that this game is not a 'fight everybody' type of game and a lot of missions require stealth. I have a hard time being stealthy and as soon as somebody spots me I just start trying to go 1v40 with swords haha

Yeah I have the exact issues. I think I got a feel for the free running after a while but just the first mission the other day and struggled with it. But I swear I got it down on console before and yeah I get pissed and Rambo when I get busted in stealth especially when I think I shouldn't have. My patience is terrible though

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah I have the exact issues. I think I got a feel for the free running after a while but just the first mission the other day and struggled with it. But I swear I got it down on console before and yeah I get pissed and Rambo when I get busted in stealth especially when I think I shouldn't have. My patience is terrible though

Agreed, its a very patient type of game and sometimes I dont know how to sneak around without getting caught, so I just go crazy.

I was in the first part in Cuba or whatever and you had to sneak into this fortress and get the objective without being caught by 20 guards. I got so pissed I would just bust through the doors, run up to the top of the fortress and jump off the edge into the water. The guards would all jump off after me and drown in the water haha So after that I would just climb back up and go get the objective

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Agreed, its a very patient type of game and sometimes I dont know how to sneak around without getting caught, so I just go crazy.

I was in the first part in Cuba or whatever and you had to sneak into this fortress and get the objective without being caught by 20 guards. I got so pissed I would just bust through the doors, run up to the top of the fortress and jump off the edge into the water. The guards would all jump off after me and drown in the water haha So after that I would just climb back up and go get the objective

Haha yes I remember this for sure

I got my first ever platinum trophy this week, not a platinum hunter at all but this one was too easy - Star Wars: Pod Racer. Man I had some serious fun on that game, geeked out way too much at the soundtrack and little things like Qui-Gon or R2-D2 turning up in Watto's shop 😂 You can platinum it in like three or four hours too, well worth it if you fancy something quick to just dip in to.

Plus I just found out there was a sequel to it on PS2 which is also available on the PS Store... and it's only £8... There's my plans for tonight sorted. Don't think the sequel is supposed to be as good, but just take my money.

Playing a 2nd playthrough of Sekiro and I have to say i've never seen a game where the difference in talent and knowing the game mechanisms has made such a difference. On the 2nd Owl fight going for the purification ending right now. It took weeks of going up against the likes of the Guardian Ape & Lady Butterfly but its only taken me a week with barely any deaths to get through it on 2nd playthrough.