Preseason week 2

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

In the preseason.  

But I could be wrong and if so, kudos to his QB coach.  Correcting someone’s footwork (that was apparently terrible) in a single offseason, with a rookie at that, would be extremely impressive. 

Yes, the pre season, where defenses may be vanilla, but the pace of them is the same. It's players playing for their jobs so they aren't going half speed.

His footwork has been improving in the pre draft process and has continued, it's hardly perfect but is significantly improved vs his time at Wyoming

1 hour ago, BigMountainGoat said:

Yes, the pre season, where defenses may be vanilla, but the pace of them is the same. 

It most definitely isn’t.  Teams aren’t showing their most advanced blitzes or coverages in the preseason, thus they aren’t forcing the QB to make split-second decisions as frequently as they will have to. In those situations is where I would be concerned that Allen will go back to his bad habits. 

And he’s a rookie.  That’s ok.  But I don’t think 2 preseason games, where he played more or less a half in each, is enough to say his footwork problems are fixed.

On 8/17/2018 at 6:47 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm still sad that we let patterson go in the trade. He's so unbelievably physically talented, its unreal sometimes. 

It doesn't get much better as time passes either.  I'm still sad we traded him to the Raiders too.  :(

43 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

It doesn't get much better as time passes either.  I'm still sad we traded him to the Raiders too.  :(

For being one of the best KR, gunners and a useful gadget on O, it's strange to see him regularly shipped off for very little. I am a big Patterson fan and always will be.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Man, the Saints kind of hit reset with that 2017 class. I read Marcus Williams is doing really well too.

I wanted us to get Williams so badly. I thought he was every bit as good of a center fielder as Hooker coming out or at the least a solid starter type potential.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

For being one of the best KR, gunners and a useful gadget on O, it's strange to see him regularly shipped off for very little. I am a big Patterson fan and always will be.

Yeah, me too buddy.  He is also a good character guy too.  You never hear anything about him getting into any kind of trouble.

8 hours ago, BigMountainGoat said:

It hasn't regressed so far against actual teams.

Which is a problem because he's still missing too many routine throws. If the footwork hasn't regressed, then you have more than just his footwork causing inaccuracy.

On 8/17/2018 at 10:51 PM, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Yeah. Peterman should start unless Allen goes bananas next week.

At this point Peterman hasnt shown that he is above the rest like the one guy said whatever mistakes Allen makes Peterman would likely make the same thing. You saw I was anti Allen in the draft and still question it but after seeing what AJ and Peterman can do it shows that they arent above Allen in much competition so I would like to see how allen does in the 3rd preseason game against the 1s and if he shows what he has done in the first 2 weeks he deserves to start. His vision and strength in throwing puts DBs in a tougher position to try to pick it off. Peterman playing against the 3s stat wise showed he should be starting but 2 throws he made the DBs dropped the interceptions, he stared down the wr and when the DB jumped the route they dropped it and one could have been a touchdown. Allen doesnt waste time to throw the ball and when he does he fires it in there giving the DBs little time to try for the interception. I wanted to give allen time to develop but he has been improving faster then most people expected and Peterman/AJ havent been wowing anyone to deserve the start over allen. Giving him playing time may be the only way he can improve himself as a qb

53 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It doesn't matter who the Bills start week 1, Baltimore's D should be #1 in fantasy points facing Nathan Peterman or Josh Allen.

That's why I made them my survivor pick. I don't love Baltimore this year, but I don't see any way in which that defense doesn't feast on Buffalo's offense in week 1. Particularly at home. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's why I made them my survivor pick. I don't love Baltimore this year, but I don't see any way in which that defense doesn't feast on Buffalo's offense in week 1. Particularly at home. 

Baltimore's pass rush alone is enough to make either of those QB's hesitant. Add in the fact we have a pretty good secondary as well and it should be a massacre.

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mean I still think our offense is better than last year... Actually have a backup RB now. We should be able to pass the ball much better. And our receivers are better than what we had at this point last year. Last year our #1 WR was Jordan Matthews... So hard to be worse than that.

4 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I mean I still think our offense is better than last year... Actually have a backup RB now. We should be able to pass the ball much better. And our receivers are better than what we had at this point last year. Last year our #1 WR was Jordan Matthews... So hard to be worse than that.

Its possible, but I don't think you see that improvement in week 1. Starting Peterman or Allen on the road at one of the better defenses and one of the harder places to play, plus I'd say your offensive line took a step back. You have what, 3 new starters on the line? Even if it does end up better than what you had last year, I think it takes time for a line to gel. I just don't love their chances in week 1. The outlook may be better a few weeks into the season, but I don't love the open. 

Archived