Super Bowl LIII: What Do You Think Will Happen and What Do You Want To Happen?

AlNFL19

What I think will happen: Steeler vs Packers. ARod pulls an Eli Manning in a sense that his two Superbowl rings come to the expense of the same team and the same QB (Eli did it to the Patriots and Brady). ARod will be doing it to the Steelers and Big Ben AGAIN. I am waiting for Lil Wayne to make a Green and Yellow Part 2 song after the Packers win. ARod then will want the Packers to write him a blank check.

What I want to happen: Patriots vs Rams. The Patriots era began winning the Superbowl against the Rams. Patriots era will end after losing in a beatdown to the Rams. The torch will be passed from Bill Belichick being a genius to now McVay officially becoming that after McVay outcoaches Belichick in the Superbowl. Rams win after the Eagles won last year which continues to show why these two franchises are here to stay with Rosen/Pederson/Wentz and Snead/McVay/Goff leading the way.

What I think:

Rams/Eagles/Vikings/Saints vs. Patriots - these NFC teams are too close to call.

As a Rams fan: Rams vs. Patriots or Steelers - I'll take revenge on either

As a football fan: Rams vs. Jaguars - young, exciting teams and franchises that have had little success in recent years

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

What I think will happen: Steeler vs Packers. ARod pulls an Eli Manning in a sense that his two Superbowl rings come to the expense of the same team and the same QB (Eli did it to the Patriots and Brady). ARod will be doing it to the Steelers and Big Ben AGAIN. I am waiting for Lil Wayne to make a Green and Yellow Part 2 song after the Packers win. ARod then will want the Packers to write him a blank check.

What I want to happen: Patriots vs Rams. The Patriots era began winning the Superbowl against the Rams. Patriots era will end after losing in a beatdown to the Rams. The torch will be passed from Bill Belichick being a genius to now McVay officially becoming that after McVay outcoaches Belichick in the Superbowl. Rams win after the Eagles won last year which continues to show why these two franchises are here to stay with Rosen/Pederson/Wentz and Snead/McVay/Goff leading the way.

Wait wouldnt Dougie P technically have said torch after not only just out coaching Belichick completely, but also trolling him while doing so, with Nick freaking Foles at QB? ?

So McVay is gonna have to wrestle that torch from Doug's hands, which uh good luck with that. Have you seen those big beautiful hands on Doug? Hed crush that little jabroni McVay like the tiny excuse for a man that he is ?. 

But really, if it isnt Philly, I want it to be the Rams in the SB. And i do believe it will be one of those two that make it. 

IMO this is probably the most talented and exciting group of players that we might see for awhile. The Rams had so many moving parts in their acquisitions, and Snead is one of fee GMs who can pull off the savvy kind of moves that they have. He and Roseman really are just making the rest of the league front offices look like scrubs rn. 

But my point is, this is likely the only season we get with Suh, Peters, Talib, Joyner, Gurley , Whitworth, etc ALL on the team at once. So if its not gonna be my Eagles that make it, Id like to see LA get there. If they play the Pats, it will be an extremely exciting game IMO. And thatd be pretty awesome to get three historically enticing games in a row after the 28-3 comeback in 51 and then 52 where we saw one punt all game in which the GOAT QB and HC just back and forth with 2nd year HC Dougie P and journeyman QB Nick Foles finishing with the most yards ever in ANY game. 

Itd be hard to top this past SB tbh in terms of excitement, just back and forth exciting play from both sides, which included the Philly Special on 4th and goal before halftime, Brady literally having the best game ever that Ive seen from any QB, looking like they were poised to win in Patriot fashion when they got the ball back with over 1:30 to go down 5, only to be strip sacked after not being sacked once all game. 

So, basically I just am spoiled now and want to see an awesome Superbowl. Either a rematch of last year or a Rams-Pats matchup will give us another IMO.

3 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Wait wouldnt Dougie P technically have said torch after not only just out coaching Belichick completely, but also trolling him while doing so, with Nick freaking Foles at QB? ?

So McVay is gonna have to wrestle that torch from Doug's hands, which uh good luck with that. Have you seen those big beautiful hands on Doug? Hed crush that little jabroni McVay like the tiny excuse for a man that he is ?. 

But really, if it isnt Philly, I want it to be the Rams in the SB. And i do believe it will be one of those two that make it. 

IMO this is probably the most talented and exciting group of players that we might see for awhile. The Rams had so many moving parts in their acquisitions, and Snead is one of fee GMs who can pull off the savvy kind of moves that they have. He and Roseman really are just making the rest of the league front offices look like scrubs rn. 

But my point is, this is likely the only season we get with Suh, Peters, Talib, Joyner, Gurley , Whitworth, etc ALL on the team at once. So if its not gonna be my Eagles that make it, Id like to see LA get there. If they play the Pats, it will be an extremely exciting game IMO. And thatd be pretty awesome to get three historically enticing games in a row after the 28-3 comeback in 51 and then 52 where we saw one punt all game in which the GOAT QB and HC just back and forth with 2nd year HC Dougie P and journeyman QB Nick Foles finishing with the most yards ever in ANY game. 

Itd be hard to top this past SB tbh in terms of excitement, just back and forth exciting play from both sides, which included the Philly Special on 4th and goal before halftime, Brady literally having the best game ever that Ive seen from any QB, looking like they were poised to win in Patriot fashion when they got the ball back with over 1:30 to go down 5, only to be strip sacked after not being sacked once all game. 

So, basically I just am spoiled now and want to see an awesome Superbowl. Either a rematch of last year or a Rams-Pats matchup will give us another IMO.

Well in order for the Rams to get to the Superbowl, I have them beating your Eagles in the NFCCG if I got what I wanted which is Wentz v Goff for the right to go to the Superbowl. So technically McVay would claim ownership of the NFC and the NFL ?. 

Ill say though that it was a beautiful thing to see the Eagles beat the Patriots. It is going to be hard to top last year’s Superbowl. But if the Rams don’t make it to the Superbowl I’ll be rooting for the Eagles going back to back but this time Wentz can win the Superbowl MVP. Man this NFC is going to be brutal. Whomever wins the NFC will win the Superbowl. I feel confident in saying that. 

I agree what Les did he understand you can’t just stay pat to compete in the NFC. He learned that under Demitroff in Atlanta. I remember the Falcons lost a playoff game to the Packers and the Falcons knew they couldn’t compete with just White as their receiver they needed another elite receiver and that’s when they traded up in the draft to get Julio. Then they eventually traded for Gonzalez to add more help for Ryan. So I like the aggressive by Les. Its smart moves by him just like it’s smart moves by the Eagles as well. Let’s go before Wentz and Goff get paid the big bucks.

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Well in order for the Rams to get to the Superbowl, I have them beating your Eagles in the NFCCG if I got what I wanted which is Wentz v Goff for the right to go to the Superbowl. So technically McVay would claim ownership of the NFC and the NFL ?. 

Ill say though that it was a beautiful thing to see the Eagles beat the Patriots. It is going to be hard to top last year’s Superbowl. But if the Rams don’t make it to the Superbowl I’ll be rooting for the Eagles going back to back but this time Wentz can win the Superbowl MVP. Man this NFC is going to be brutal. Whomever wins the NFC will win the Superbowl. I feel confident in saying that. 

I agree what Les did he understand you can’t just stay pat to compete in the NFC. He learned that under Demitroff in Atlanta. I remember the Falcons lost a playoff game to the Packers and the Falcons knew they couldn’t compete with just White as their receiver they needed another elite receiver and that’s when they traded up in the draft to get Julio. Then they eventually traded for Gonzalez to add more help for Ryan. So I like the aggressive by Les. Its smart moves by him just like it’s smart moves by the Eagles as well. Let’s go before Wentz and Goff get paid the big bucks.

Pretty much. 

Seattle was the first team of the post rookie salary change era to build their team with the sense of "We know we have a great QB on a cheap rookie deal and we need to build a contender around him". They hit on some key draft picks of course which is vital, were able to attain veterans on higher paid deals like Bennett , Lynch, Avril etc. And they got 1 SB, and were one terrible playcall from a 2nd. 

The Rams and Eagles have emulated that approach in some ways but IMO they have been better than Seattle was at keeping talent and bringing it in post success. I mean time will tell but its def looking that way. LA and Phi are two of the teams that have done a great job of locking up their own guys under market value as well, and they both built their coaching staffs perfectly. Mcvay and Pederson both offensive minds who call the plays still, and each have an elite DC with HC experience in Wade and Schwartz, which has allowed them each to essentially focus their time on the offense and their young QBs, while Wade and Schwartz act as sort of de facto co head coaches and just run the defense. 

The Bears are the first team to sort of emulate the LA and Philly approach, but IMO they are not going to have as much success because I dont think their roster is nearly as good as LA's or Phillys were when they hired their HCs, and also I dont think Trubisky will be nearly as good as Goff or Wentz. 

On 8/18/2018 at 10:50 AM, AlNFL19 said:

What would be your ideal Super Bowl LIII matchup, and why? Do you think it'll actually happen?

I want to see a New England Patriots vs. New Orleans Saints Super Bowl, featuring two Hall of Fame quarterbacks with great coaches and great offenses and defensive units that could surprise some people. 

It should read: Oakland Raiders vs Green Bay Packers.

What I expect: Saints vs Jaguars

What I expect non homer edition: Vikings vs Jaguars

What I want: Saints 100 - Falcons 0. It's not possible but you didn't say what we wanted had to be possible. 

In reality though I'd love for Brees to outduel Brady on the big stage and win a shootout of a Super Bowl. 

what I want to happen and what will happen are going to be different.

want (in order of preference ) :

1. steelers vs packers and we win and get even so to speak xD 

2. The 2  top Defenses in the SB in a great slug fest with lost of good hitting and some good turnovers in a great low scoring game

3. severe underdog teams in the SB

4. severe underdog defeats the  favourite . This could be higher on the list, but we are splitting hairs anyways

5. Teams that are run heavy get in and results in a good old school type of game

6. both teams in the SB never won before - this guarantees a new city will be a winner which is nice and good for the game IMO

HM - good officiating, no commercials, no halftime show , no black out, no concussions and no coaching  moves like benching a starter  that helped you win SB a few years ago etc. 

what will happen:

patriots vs packers/saints (probably saints)

the league is all about passing and the QB's/WR's , and this would be a way to showcase this in a high scoring game. Brady vs Rodgers before was a classic in the snow, this wouldn't be that but still good. Brady is possibly the bast snow QB and such a game would be great with some snow, but were in a dome this time .  AFC appears weak and who will surpass Brady and BB? It could happen but right now I am not sure. The NFC should be quite a playoffs for the fans.

Archived