Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

9 hours ago, paul-mac said:

No point picking it up before the deadline. You never know who’s gonna get hurt paying pick-up basketball or slip in the shower 

And unlike prior years, as of 2021 - the option is fully guaranteed once it's taken.  It used to be guaranteed only for injury.

The logical answer says the option will get exercised, given how low it is.    But there's no going back once you do take it.    The deadline to exercise is May 3rd, it would be a major upset to not take the 5th year, and speak volumes to where the FO sees Fant's future if they did decline it.    Honestly, if the FO thinks so little of Fant's future to not risk <7M in today's market - they should explore the trade market.     The fact that 3 of the top FA TE's are now off the market with the franchise tag, would only increase his trade value.

Having said the above, still expect the FO to exercise Fant's option.   But yeah, there's no rush to commit yet.

Man, can't believe you guys are missing how big Paton's ego is with this trade, he traded away Shelby Harris so he could move Marquiss Spencer, last year's 7th rd pick, into the starting lineup to make his A draft grade into an A++ grade. This is all about George !!! 😁

On 2/10/2022 at 11:52 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

I wouldn't get too enamored with that idea. Von loves his money (nothing wrong with that). If we're unable to get near other offers, then I don't think he will be back.

We all know how much pass rushers get paid on the open market. Von has been electric the last few games; he's getting paidddddddd this Summer.

On 3/7/2022 at 6:45 PM, lomaxgrUK said:

Meh, Von says a lot of things.

The additional ring helps, but I still think he will want to get paiddddd.

Von likes his money, and good for him. Legendary player and legendary earnings.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yeah I saw that trade and laughed. Nice work, Mac.

To be fair, I don’t like the move but when you look at Mac’s drafting record, all they’ve given away is two probable busts. Remember the year when he had three second round picks and ended up with Alphonso (cut after one season) Smith, Darcel (cut after two seasons) McBath and Richard (one career catch) Quinn.

In his defense, the 2010 draft was much better. It would have been fantastic if he’d just taken Devin McCourty or Gronk at 25 instead of Tebow 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paul-mac said:

To be fair, I don’t like the move but when you look at Mac’s drafting record, all they’ve given away is two probable busts. Remember the year when he had three second round picks and ended up with Alphonso (cut after one season) Smith, Darcel (cut after two seasons) McBath and Richard (one career catch) Quinn.

In his defense, the 2010 draft was much better. It would have been fantastic if he’d just taken Devin McCourty or Gronk at 25 instead of Tebow 

Without Tebow there would be no Manning 

16 hours ago, bMiller031 said:

Love the Adams trade for LVR.  Trading a R1 & R2 pick to pay $28M for a WR who has only ever had elite QB play is classic raider football.

Sorry, but Adams makes sure they have a really good/great WR. He has history with Carr and playing off Waller isn't gonna hurt that offense . May be a bit over-priced but look at their draft choices over the past couple of years, maybe it looks different.