What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I keep thinking about what would've happened if i'd been a legit figure skater, instead of a chump learning to skate like a hockey player...from a figure skating coach.  I bet i'd be happier in life.  I could've been an Ice Dancer.

Tugboat Kwan? I could see it

My wife's grandma passed away last night. She wasn't very close with her, so just some teary eyes last night and that was about the extent of the grieving process.

It's wild how cancer can take someone way too early and somehow still manage to not take them quickly enough. Glad she's not in pain any longer, she was a tough old lady (former military nurse) and put up a good fight. RIP Nana. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Tyty said:

Tugboat Kwan? I could see it

More like Chan probably.  Because i'm Canadian.

But also not Asian.

But i absolutely love skating.  Probably more than i love playing hockey even.  I'm not the fastest, but people have always said i'm a real smooth skater.  I've always been invested in the short area skating because i was primarily a goaltender in the era before goaltending became a Butterfly slide extravaganza.

The whole idea of weird jump spins seems stupid to me though.  So i probably would've had to become an Ice Dancer.  Probably would've gone further there, than as a sub six foot goaltender though.

Need some advice here. 

So from my time in the hospital with cancer I accrued 20 accounts in collections all obviously affecting my credit score. Credit karma says on average paying them in full raises my score about 25 points. I am in a spot now where I can theoretically start paying them off. They are all $214 each on average. I wonder if I should just pay one every month or two until they’re gone or contact the collections people and offer a lump sum for all of them and hope they accept it. If they do, will it improve my credit score drastically or will doing the one at a time thing help it more? 

Also I could just wait like another 2 years for them to fall off my score altogether cause I’ve heard they only stay on you 7 years. 

5 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Also I could just wait like another 2 years for them to fall off my score altogether cause I’ve heard they only stay on you 7 years. 

Ope scratch this last part I just looked at them and they’re all opened within the last two years. The hospital bills were from 5-6 years ago but not the collections on them lol

4 hours ago, Tyty said:

Need some advice here. 

So from my time in the hospital with cancer I accrued 20 accounts in collections all obviously affecting my credit score. Credit karma says on average paying them in full raises my score about 25 points. I am in a spot now where I can theoretically start paying them off. They are all $214 each on average. I wonder if I should just pay one every month or two until they’re gone or contact the collections people and offer a lump sum for all of them and hope they accept it. If they do, will it improve my credit score drastically or will doing the one at a time thing help it more? 

a lot of them might accept less money to square up if you can pay it all at once. my brother saved a lot of money doing this after spending some time in the hospital with no insurance. 

get in writing somehow that the payment you're making will be for the entire debt. it'll slow down your credit score rebuild, but if you're not in a rush to get the numbers up it can save you some money. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tyty said:

Need some advice here. 

13 minutes ago, Dome said:

a lot of them might accept less money to square up if you can pay it all at once. my brother saved a lot of money doing this after spending some time in the hospital with no insurance. 

get in writing somehow that the payment you're making will be for the entire debt. it'll slow down your credit score rebuild, but if you're not in a rush to get the numbers up it can save you some money. 

Yeah I’d negotiate each bill as much as possible.

• Like 1

I doubt it would even slow down your credit building at all. Having it all resolved in say 3 months isn't going to drastically improve it but 20 months later, you'll probably be within a few points of where you'd be if you paid them off one month at a time(assuming you're doing anything else at all to raise it). Plus the weight off your shoulders and any potential money saved is worth a lot more than an arbitrary number assigned to you by schitty, fraudluent, and poorly regulated companies that need to be burned to the ground. 

Also you don't need a credit score when you're a rich homie and pay straight cash so just be rich.

Edited by skywindO2

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Get your damned facts straight. 

I saw the article about 69.420 and didn’t believe it so I looked up the stats and did the math but no one wants to hear a story about 49.421 so make like a bee and please let me have my moment