What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

27 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

For the lap top i was looking $700 or under. I don’t have much use for a computer at home outside of this current work form home situation.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-ideapad-15-6-laptop-amd-ryzen-3-8gb-memory-256gb-solid-state-drive-platinum-gray-imr/6398120.p?skuId=6398120

If you have a bestbuy card it can be more expensive without having to dip into your wallet more since you can pay it off over time. 

W/e you choose though I would suggest getting the warranty plan for it. I would also check Walmart and their stuff since their warranty plans have always been Cadillac for their products. 

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Depends on what you're using it for. TBH w/e it is the TS is a little useless IMO in these kinds of models and charges you more for something you will probably never use.

TS meaning Touch Screen? Because I exclusively scroll using touch screen. Of course, my last 4 laptops have all had it, so I have just gotten so used to it. 

31 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:
1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

For the lap top i was looking $700 or under. I don’t have much use for a computer at home outside of this current work form home situation.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-ideapad-15-6-laptop-amd-ryzen-3-8gb-memory-256gb-solid-state-drive-platinum-gray-imr/6398120.p?skuId=6398120

If you have a bestbuy card it can be more expensive without having to dip into your wallet more since you can pay it off over time. 

W/e you choose though I would suggest getting the warranty plan for it. I would also check Walmart and their stuff since their warranty plans have always been Cadillac for their products. 

First off all, 15.6 inch laptops suck. 14 is the way to go. Secondly any brick and mortar is going to generally cost you more than Newegg/Amazon. Obviously there are some exclusions. But my last laptop I bought was ~$150-50 less off newegg than any of the brick and mortars. Frys normally has some sweet deals.

https://www.newegg.com/transparent-silver-asus-vivobook-s15-s532fa-sb77-mainstream/p/N82E16834235247

Something like that is a beast and @$750, and its a $250 less than Best Buy. But for what you are talking about, you could easily get away with this (maybe even less):

https://www.newegg.com/p/1TS-000D-07962?Item=9SIAEYJAS70051

21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

TS meaning Touch Screen? Because I exclusively scroll using touch screen. Of course, my last 4 laptops have all had it, so I have just gotten so used to it. 

If you use it then it's fine. But tabs are often small and difficult to click so I have just found them useless unless it's for a home entertainment center in which case you might as well go with a tablet. 

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

First off all, 15.6 inch laptops suck. 14 is the way to go. Secondly any brick and mortar is going to generally cost you more than Newegg/Amazon. Obviously there are some exclusions. But my last laptop I bought was ~$150-50 less off newegg than any of the brick and mortars. Frys normally has some sweet deals.

https://www.newegg.com/transparent-silver-asus-vivobook-s15-s532fa-sb77-mainstream/p/N82E16834235247

Something like that is a beast and @$750, and its a $250 less than Best Buy. But for what you are talking about, you could easily get away with this (maybe even less):

https://www.newegg.com/p/1TS-000D-07962?Item=9SIAEYJAS70051

I was giving a different options since I don't know exactly how he plans to buy it.

I used to love Newegg up until they were bought out by a piss poor over seas company. Since then I have had many problems with shipping, getting the correct products, etc. It's where I bought most of my gaming PC from. 

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

If you use it then it's fine. But tabs are often small and difficult to click so I have just found them useless unless it's for a home entertainment center in which case you might as well go with a tablet. 

Lies!! I have 11 tabs open right now on a 14 inch Acer and have no issues whatsoever. I should mention I take my laptop literally everywhere, so I have used it as a tablet. Or in tent mode to play solitare on an airplane. 

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I was giving a different options since I don't know exactly how he plans to buy it.

I used to love Newegg up until they were bought out by a piss poor over seas company. Since then I have had many problems with shipping, getting the correct products, etc. It's where I bought most of my gaming PC from. 

When did that happen?

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Lies!! I have 11 tabs open right now on a 14 inch Acer and have no issues whatsoever. I should mention I take my laptop literally everywhere, so I have used it as a tablet. Or in tent mode to play solitare on an airplane. 

When did that happen?

11 tabs? What a lightweight you are. I have over a 170 open on my desktop. :P

Besides he did say he tends to have alot of tabs open and they shrink for each new one you open so it may be difficult for him. On top of that he says he doesn't use it that much outside of work and most people are used to using a pad anyways. 

Around 2016 or 17. After that I've just had more and more problems with them. Used to be I never did, but the last 5 products I have gotten from them 3 have had some type of issues with mishandled items, broken items, or it "getting lost" in their inventory. 

It's just been one headache after another with them. 

23 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

11 tabs? What a lightweight you are. I have over a 170 open on my desktop. :P

Holy hell batman. WTF do you do with 170 tabs ?!?!?

23 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Besides he did say he tends to have alot of tabs open and they shrink for each new one you open so it may be difficult for him. On top of that he says he doesn't use it that much outside of work and most people are used to using a pad anyways. 

Around 2016 or 17. After that I've just had more and more problems with them. Used to be I never did, but the last 5 products I have gotten from them 3 have had some type of issues with mishandled items, broken items, or it "getting lost" in their inventory. 

It's just been one headache after another with them. 

Good to know.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Glen said:

Does anyone use those ridge/compact wallets?

If so how do you like it compared to a normal trifold?

Yes. I have a fidelo. Love it. Fits in my front pocket comfortable, and still carries everything I need without the bulk. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, D82 said:

My Air died on me after 2 1/2 years. Waiting to have the extra cash around to splurge on a new MB Pro. 

Mine is still going strong since 2013, but I am thinking of switching to something like the Lenovo. You do get MORE for your buck with non-mac options.

I have loved my air though.