What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Why can’t we just burn them all?

Legit though, we have the technology/science to kill all mosquitoes, and it has been proven that mosquitoes have no impact on the food chain... they are all literally useless nuisances. Why have we not killed them all?? As a Minnesotan this is extremely upsetting to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

Legit though, we have the technology/science to kill all mosquitoes, and it has been proven that mosquitoes have no impact on the food chain... they are all literally useless nuisances. Why have we not killed them all?? As a Minnesotan this is extremely upsetting to me.

I’m all aboard this train. 

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

What about yellow jackets/wasps?

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I think he’s confusing Texas with Florida.

In Florida, yes. Everything tries to kill you.

Well, I wasn't but if I'm mistaken about Texas, that's cool. I'd live in Texas, I have lived in Aus, I'd have to be paid extradorinary amounts of money to live in Florida... ;)

9 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Money?

i feel like that's always the answer to everything.

On 10/14/2020 at 8:28 PM, Matts4313 said:
On 10/13/2020 at 10:27 AM, D82 said:
On 10/13/2020 at 8:43 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

In my ignorance, I've always considered Texas to be America's version of Austraya. Everything is always trying to kill you....but awesome place to live all the same.

I actually mentioned that to my SO that Texas is almost like Australia 🤣

Meh, we dont have a lot of creatures trying to kill you. We have a very, very small population of brown recluse and rattle snakes, but I have never seen either outside of a zoo in my life. I guess mosquitos can kill?

The cities on the coast have weather problems, just like Louisiana and Florida. But its not like we have wild fires regularly or earthquakes. 

Down here, we have gators and cottonmouths - not a HUGE issue in Houston Metro, but there's a few in the Sugar Land area.

Once when I was in High School... they found a body out in a bayou behind my school. The girl died from something else (stabbed, choked, bludgeoned - something like that) but the gators got to her, tore her corpse up something fierce; Arms were gone, half a leg gone, part of her head and face was gone... it was bad. It's one of those things where you're happy she was dead before they got her, because those gators inflict significant pain while eating their food.

I don't know why this is relevant to our current discussion. But it came to mind. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Down here, we have gators and cottonmouths - not a HUGE issue in Houston Metro, but there's a few in the Sugar Land area.

Once when I was in High School... they found a body out in a bayou behind my school. The girl died from something else (stabbed, choked, bludgeoned - something like that) but the gators got to her, tore her corpse up something fierce; Arms were gone, half a leg gone, part of her head and face was gone... it was bad. It's one of those things where you're happy she was dead before they got her, because those gators inflict significant pain while eating their food.

I don't know why this is relevant to our current discussion. But it came to mind. 

We had a gator about two or three miles down the road from us about a week ago. I kinda wanna see one...but also don’t 😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, D82 said:

We had a gator about two or three miles down the road from us about a week ago. I kinda wanna see one...but also don’t 😂

If you don't get too close, you're good. Those things can close a gap REALLY quickly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

Interesting. I just looked it up - they are only in East Texas. Which makes sense; closer to Louisiana. 

37 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If you don't get too close, you're good. Those things can close a gap REALLY quickly.

Yeah I saw a show on them once. They are supposed to be really fast in short burst. IIRC they can out run a horse but only for ~50 yards or something like that.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

How close is too close? Standing over it in a ditch? Is that too close? And if your physical prowess is so far gone that Joe Biden could beat you in a wrestling match, should you take even more caution?

tenor.gif

also, gators know judo. Look at the hip throw.

anigif_original-31786-1430189941-9.gif