What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

9 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I don't regularly buy or drink milk but I bought some for a recipe I want to try. When I got home and was putting it away, I noticed it's 1 day past the sell buy date. It'll still be okay to use, right?

yes, the sell by date will be earlier than the drink by date

especially since you are using it in a recipe

17 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

I was told Chicago was the deadliest city ever in the universe. Looks like I was lied to.

The game has changed.

You could bring Al back from the dead, & still not be able to compete with the boys down south. They’ve dominated the violent city Olympics for some time now. 

22 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

And then they traded Danny Shelton for nothing lol

I thought last year was crazy with Watkins and Jordan Matthews traded away at the end of camp. New league year hasn't even started and ish is hitting the fan. Once Alex Smith got traded, all bets were off.

It's glorious.

42 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

And then they traded Danny Shelton for nothing lol

Yeah it feels kind of like we gave him away, but Ogunjobi is already better and cheaper. Shelton was due an extension and not worth it, IMO. If anything it gives us ammo to recoup some picks if we want. 

So a really strange thing happened to me today....

Me, my wife and two sons were out shopping in Manchester as we generally always do most weekends (yes I’m under the thumb!)

Anyway...my eldest son who’s just 18 months needed a haircut. We were in a market full of food, clothes, barbers, nail bars etc. Really full of diversity. One of the barbers was a ‘traditional barbers’ as stated on their sign. 

Now we are white, I’m half Italian (father) and half English (mother) and had no conceived notion that any barber was different to another. This barbers we chose was full of black barbers and black clientele. Again I had no thought other than it’s a barbers and my son needs a haircut. 

We went in and asked if it could be done (some barbers can be funny with small kidskin they cry) and the guy looked at me as if I had two heads. I genuinely had to repeat myself three times before we were seated (son was on my lap) and to get his haircut. The barber was fantastic and my son was amazing. He had a great cut and we were complimented on his behaviour and how beautiful he was. 

I chatted to him about life etc and got on great with the other barbers doing their work. As we were leaving they wouldn’t let us pay for the cut, I had to demand we wouldn’t leave unless they took our money (and a generous tip). They said in 6 years there they can’t remember ever cutting a white persons hair. They thought either I had the biggest pair of balls known to man or that I genuinely could give a **** what race, religion, gender, sexual orientation etc someone is. I just take them for the person they are. 

I find it unbelievable that in 2018 these things still exist. I’m well aware of the things going on in the world so I’m certainly not naive but my god what is the point in hating and going out of your way to feel superior than someone else. 

Anyway rant over. Just a very weird experience and I getting topic. We will be returning when my son needs a cut again ??

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, xenajets said:

So a really strange thing happened to me today....

Me, my wife and two sons were out shopping in Manchester as we generally always do most weekends (yes I’m under the thumb!)

Anyway...my eldest son who’s just 18 months needed a haircut. We were in a market full of food, clothes, barbers, nail bars etc. Really full of diversity. One of the barbers was a ‘traditional barbers’ as stated on their sign. 

Now we are white, I’m half Italian (father) and half English (mother) and had no conceived notion that any barber was different to another. This barbers we chose was full of black barbers and black clientele. Again I had no thought other than it’s a barbers and my son needs a haircut. 

We went in and asked if it could be done (some barbers can be funny with small kidskin they cry) and the guy looked at me as if I had two heads. I genuinely had to repeat myself three times before we were seated (son was on my lap) and to get his haircut. The barber was fantastic and my son was amazing. He had a great cut and we were complimented on his behaviour and how beautiful he was. 

I chatted to him about life etc and got on great with the other barbers doing their work. As we were leaving they wouldn’t let us pay for the cut, I had to demand we wouldn’t leave unless they took our money (and a generous tip). They said in 6 years there they can’t remember ever cutting a white persons hair. They thought either I had the biggest pair of balls known to man or that I genuinely could give a **** what race, religion, gender, sexual orientation etc someone is. I just take them for the person they are. 

I find it unbelievable that in 2018 these things still exist. I’m well aware of the things going on in the world so I’m certainly not naive but my god what is the point in hating and going out of your way to feel superior than someone else. 

Anyway rant over. Just a very weird experience and I getting topic. We will be returning when my son needs a cut again ??

I dont see it as anything like that whatsoever.

Had something similar with churches and the local Vol Fire Dept. One of my employees is very religious, and very Mexican (with me very Caribbean). Wondered which church he should go to here. So he chose the most historic one in the area. I went with him and his family to this all white church. And they were very welcoming and loved that minorities came. Now theres over 20 minority members. For the Fire Dept, All white. I wanted to join. So tried and did, then that same employee with the church did. Now a few years later there are 6 minority members and were all like family when we role in there. With our kids playing all over the firetrucks together like the bestest of friends.

Ive lived in 4 countries (Trinidad, Venezuela, Brazil, USA), 2 American states (La, Va). And from my experience, people are generally good at heart. Some things just arnt there out of hate, but out of either unknowing, never thought about trying, or just not knowing it was a option to begin with.

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

Is this not a very "diverse" area?

Since I keep my hair short half the time I go to a random barber he's black. I've never gotten any kind of comment, maybe the occasional odd look at the most.

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont see it as anything like that whatsoever.

Had something similar with churches and the local Vol Fire Dept. One of my employees is very religious, and very Mexican (with me very Caribbean). Wondered which church he should go to here. So he chose the most historic one in the area. I went with him and his family to this all white church. And they were very welcoming and loved that minorities came. Now theres over 20 minority members. For the Fire Dept, All white. I wanted to join. So tried and did, then that same employee with the church did. Now a few years later there are 6 minority members and were all like family when we role in there. With our kids playing all over the firetrucks together like the bestest of friends.

Ive lived in 4 countries (Trinidad, Venezuela, Brazil, USA), 2 American states (La, Va). And from my experience, people are generally good at heart. Some things just arnt there out of hate, but out of either unknowing, never thought about trying, or just not knowing it was a option to begin with.

Have you ever downloaded a movie illegally 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2018 at 5:18 PM, skywindO2 said:

I don't regularly buy or drink milk but I bought some for a recipe I want to try. When I got home and was putting it away, I noticed it's 1 day past the sell buy date. It'll still be okay to use, right?

Milks pretty easy to tell if it isn’t safe to drink. If you open it and the smell stinks, it’s going to be spoiled... if it doesn’t stink, you can drink it 

14 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Some things just arnt there out of hate, but out of either unknowing, never thought about trying, or just not knowing it was a option to begin with.

And from my experience, some things are there out of hate, intolerance, and ignorance. I'm glad that you haven't had to experience it. Nobody deserves to experience that.