Raiders, Bears Reach Agreement on Khalil Mack Trade

ramssuperbowl99

2 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Your killing your explanations by the way homie. I was going to make this same point, literally Our 1st next year was going to be a "Mack like" player. We just went and got ACTUAL Mack. Dont see how this can be viewed as a bad move.

I thought I was your homie 

1 minute ago, MonserinNC said:

Your killing your explanations by the way homie. I was going to make this same point, literally Our 1st next year was going to be a "Mack like" player. We just went and got ACTUAL Mack. Dont see how this can be viewed as a bad move.

NFL fans are obsessed with draft picks in ways that no other sports fan is. Having to pay a proven great player bothers people more than maybe getting a cheap young player who you HOPE gets to be as good as the guy.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

You and I arent talking about the same thing. 

I think the Raiders made a the right choice. That parts done. 

Seeing who won a trade is something you look back on in the future. For example, the Rams made the right choice in the RG3 trade. But they ultimately didnt win because of an incompetent front office.

The Rams won that trade because 3 first round picks and a 2nd round pick was worth more than RGIII. Full stop. Keep your time machine. Everything else that happened after that had nothing to do with that trade specifically.

1 minute ago, Malik said:

NFL fans are obsessed with draft picks in ways that no other sports fan is. Having to pay a proven great player bothers people more than maybe getting a cheap young player who you HOPE gets to be as good as the guy.

Well luckily for the Raiders, they haven't had a string of first round flops in the last ten years. 

Today is a god damn dark day for Raiders fans. I have NEVER been this disappointed in my team. After all the bull**** we go through for well over a decade, all the busts, all the stupid money we give to undeserving players, and then we trade a HOF player in his prime because he was up to be rewarded?

Man **** this honestly.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This can't be a thing - a team not having sufficient cash flow? How is that possible?

That is 100% horse****. You're talking about, at most $50MM you'd need this calendar year. On a loan you'd probably be barely paying more interest than inflation anyway, so it'd be virtually free money.

The Raiders just didn't want to sign him.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

This can't be a thing - a team not having sufficient cash flow? How is that possible?

Not my report sorry just linking that. But how many people around here brought that very thing up this off season when talking about extending Mack? I saw it from a lot of people here it's not that far fetched of a theory, the Davis family isn't the wealthiest owner.

Archived