Raiders, Bears Reach Agreement on Khalil Mack Trade

ramssuperbowl99

Just now, Pool said:

Are you trolling or just reallllly salty?

Are you saying Trubisky has shown you that without a doubt he's a franchise QB? 

Not salty at all, like I've said earlier, this move makes the Bears better no doubt. They are still easily the 3rd best team in the division. Had the Vikings found a way to do it, I'd be waiving the white flag on the division. 

I just didn't expect non-contending teams to be in on Mack. Seemed like he's a guy you pair with your aging QB and hoped for 4-5 years of glory and you blow it up. Expected Pitt, SD, GB, Seattle, NE, ATL, etc... to be the suitors.

I love this move for the Bears. Between Mack and Roquan, and hopefully Floyd if they didn’t trade him, I hope the Bears have another elite defense.

NFL Football is at its best when the Packers have an elite QB, when the Bears and Steelers have monstrous defenses, and so on.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Did I say it was easy? Its still an all in move for a non franchise QB. What if Trubisky isn't good? The Bears are done, with no 1st round pick for 2 more seasons to do anything to fix it. Probably the end of the line for their GM.

Yeah, but if Chicago feels like they have their QB then this is a risk you have to take.

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Mack doesn't have injury problems though. Ware still started the majority of games when he was with the Cowboys, and got his sacks.

And you don't know what the first rounders will be. If they are complete flops is the trade still a good one? What you know right now, is that you're trading a HOF pass rusher without injury problems, for two bags of hope, and a player that certainly isn't going to be on the same level you're giving away. 

1st - neither did Ware.. Until he did.

2nd - Mack is a HOFer now? Pass that ish around. 

3rd - I already said we wont know who won until we see what happens with the picks.

4th - for some reason you keep excluding the $20m in extra cap over the next 5-6 years. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Is that what I said? 

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I would have traded Ware for 2 first + a player if it had meant we get all that cap space back. 

Do you not remember what happened? He hurt his back with us, was a shell of himself for multiple years, eventually leading to us cutting him. He then went to Denver were he didnt have to be THE GUY, which allowed him to heal up and play at a high level again. 

I mean. It sure looks like it.

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

1st - neither did Ware.. Until he did.

2nd - Mack is a HOFer now? Pass that ish around. 

3rd - I already said we wont know who won until we see what happens with the picks.

4th - for some reason you keep excluding the $20m in extra cap over the next 5-6 years. 

1 - Mack isn't Ware. And you would have traded Ware at 27 years old because you magically knew he was going to have injury concerns later? 

2 - He's on a HOF pace. Wake up. 

3 - The ends don't justify the means here. Raiders are hoping they luck out with the trade. Dumb.

4 - I already stated it earlier that it's nice to have the extra cap space when I quoted you first. Don't fall behind. 

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Are you saying Trubisky has shown you that without a doubt he's a franchise QB? 

Not salty at all, like I've said earlier, this move makes the Bears better no doubt. They are still easily the 3rd best team in the division. Had the Vikings found a way to do it, I'd be waiving the white flag on the division. 

I just didn't expect non-contending teams to be in on Mack. Seemed like he's a guy you pair with your aging QB and hoped for 4-5 years of glory and you blow it up. Expected Pitt, SD, GB, Seattle, NE, ATL, etc... to be the suitors.

Why wouldn't the Bears see themselves as contenders next year? I think the general feeling is that this year is about learning playbooks and familiarizing themselves with the coaches, offense, etc and that they are contenders next year. Mack certainly helps that plan more than next years first round pick. They also easily have the cap space to not be crippled by the huge contract. So if you are the Bears why not?

Archived