Raiders, Bears Reach Agreement on Khalil Mack Trade

ramssuperbowl99

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

I mean. It sure looks like it.

Was that post inregards to mack at all? Somebody said Wares name, so I explained what happened with Ware. Same thing happened with JJ Watt so far. It happens with a lot of players. Its why putting all your eggs in one basket is dumb. Like I said, if 20% of your cap is dedicated to your #2 &3 players you are screwed. Because that typically means that your top 3 players account for ~35-40% of your cap, leaving you little for the other 50 players. 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

3rd - I already said we wont know who won until we see what happens with the picks.

Can this take please just die?

Would anyone say that if you bought a lottery ticket, you have to scratch it off before you know if it was a smart decision or not? Would anyone say that if you bought a house worth $200k for $250k, you'd have to wait and see what you sell it for before you know if you screwed up or not?

Khalil Mack has a price tag today based on his expected production. 1st round draft picks have value today, based on how previous 1st round picks have performed, and the relative likelihood of where the Bears would be drafting based on how good they are right now. If there's another player in the deal, he has value today too.

Time machines aren't real, you should judge the process that lead to the decision-making instead of waiting to see if any of the scratch offs hit before lazily saying "well this turned out well so the thought process must have been good".

I’m never a fan of moving draft picks like this. Khalil Mack is a tremendous player but his presensce didn’t mean much in the end for the Raiders. While losing Mack is big the chance to gain potentially 3 young stud players or even more if you consider the trade down possibilities for the Raiders over the next two years could be one of those franchise defining moves. 

5 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

1 - Mack isn't Ware. And you would have traded Ware at 27 years old because you magically knew he was going to have injury concerns later? 

2 - He's on a HOF pace. Wake up. 

3 - The ends don't justify the means here. Raiders are hoping they luck out with the trade. Dumb.

4 - I already stated it earlier that it's nice to have the extra cap space when I quoted you first. Don't fall behind. 

I would trade any player on the Cowboys right now (not named Dak) for 2 first rounders and $20m a year in space. And thats not even including whatever player the Raiders are getting. I would have done the same thing with Ware, yes. 

2 minutes ago, Pool said:

They would have been looking to draft DE for 100% sure with their first pick. Now they don't have to so I think they can afford to wait. :)

Your killing your explanations by the way homie. I was going to make this same point, literally Our 1st next year was going to be a "Mack like" player. We just went and got ACTUAL Mack. Dont see how this can be viewed as a bad move.

Cowboys should have never traded for Charles Haley because he could have been hurt down the line. :)

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Would anyone say that if you bought a lottery ticket, you have to scratch it off before you know if it was a smart decision or not? Would anyone say that if you bought a house worth $200k for $250k, you'd have to wait and see what you sell it for before you know if you screwed up or not?

Khalil Mack has a price tag today based on his expected production. 1st round draft picks have value today, based on how previous 1st round picks have performed at certain areas, and the relative likelihood of where the Bears would be drafting. If there's another player in the deal, he has value today too.

Time machines aren't real, you should judge the process that lead to the decision-making instead of waiting to see if any of the scratch offs hit before lazily saying "well this turned out well so the thought process must have been good".

Exactly. The hindsight tactic is not a good method to live by. Especially when you don't have a time machine. 

A. Welcome back, monsters of the midway 

b. The draft is gonna be cheeks to watch for years 

c. Who’s the damn mystery player I hopefully haven’t invested my heart into or has major value 

d. When can I buy a jersey? Haven’t bought one since Muhsin Muhammad but I’m feelin this

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Khalil Mack has a price tag today based on his expected production. 1st round draft picks have value today, based on how previous 1st round picks have performed, and the relative likelihood of where the Bears would be drafting based on how good they are right now. If there's another player in the deal, he has value today too.

You and I arent talking about the same thing. 

I think the Raiders made a the right choice. That parts done. 

Seeing who won a trade is something you look back on in the future. For example, the Rams made the right choice in the RG3 trade. But they ultimately didnt win because of an incompetent front office.

Archived