Raiders, Bears Reach Agreement on Khalil Mack Trade

ramssuperbowl99

Horrible move for the Raiders if they don't recoup a lot of high picks. I really hope it didn't come down to cash flow. I can understand not wanting to pay Mack/any non-QB that much in a vacuum but the Raiders really don't have many players on their roster that are going to demand big money anyways, there is more cap space/money than there are FAs (who are generally overpriced anyways) and none of them will be elite pass rushers.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats excluding the #1 player. Just the #2 and #3. For example, you guys last year were the lowest in the last decade I believe. I am going off memory, but Cox was #1 (excluded) - number 2 and 3 were Wentz and Alshon, which was barely like 10% of the cap. 

The only team to win it with close to 20% was the Broncos. They were at ~19%

Alshon was highest. Followed by Lane Johnson and Cox.  But ok, didn’t know you were excluding the top salary. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

And the Bears are one hit away from having no first round picks until 2021 and Chase Daniel as QB.

Well, if the gap between Trubisky and Rodgers is as big as you state, the Bears come out better in this scenario.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, Al would have sold Marcus Allen's organs to get the money to keep Mack.

And almost all of you are agreeing with that move.

Think about that. Now go look in the mirror and repeat this phrase: I would make the same GM moves as Al Davis. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

And if the Jets kept Revised it wouldn't have mattered because they didn't draft well. If the Bears aren't going to draft well this move is even more irrelevant as they'll go nowhere with it.

You have to make an assumption that the picks were going to be used well or it's a pointless argument. With or without Mack if the Bears next 2-3 drafts suck, the Bears will suck.

The Jet would have drafted completely differently if they had kept Revis because they no longer have to fill a massive whole that an elite player leaves when they're traded. The entire defense had to now play differently. At the very least you're not getting a draft bust in your 1st round and you keep your elite player even if you assume the rest of the picks are exactly the same. The likelihood of the Raiders drafting a single player, let alone multiple, that are as good or better than Khalil is slim to none. Same to be said for the Bears.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Well, if the gap between Trubisky and Rodgers is as big as you state, the Bears come out better in this scenario.

I was simply pointing out how dumb it is to look at teams in that light. Even the Lions would pound on the Chase Daniels Bears and the Raiders would be grabbing a top 5 pick.

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Can people stop saying “doing so and so hasn’t led to a SB”. One team wins. Games are decided by the finest margins. I don’t understand why people consistently try to find correlations in football.

Yeah, it doesn't really make sense. It would be like in 2007 saying no team with a 9-7 record ever won the Super Bowl, as if something so minuscule like that would stand in the way of preventing a champion. 

The Bears getting Mack, just like any superstars, boosts the Bears defensive unit, which will boost their chances at getting a championship. Just like a star QB does when a team finds one. Nothing is guarantee though. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

And the Bears are one hit away from having no first round picks until 2021 and Chase Daniel as QB.

People said the same about the Eagles who basically shipped a lot of their draft picks away for Wentz and company. That worked out. Now I am not comparing them because the Eagles are legit on ridiculous levels but it was one time where they struggled a lot. You just have to gamble on it. We have seen defenses save and win seasons. If this FO can work some magic they can get a draft pick back. Too much happens throughout a season to worry about it now. 

Archived