Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

Didn't Sam mention something when the Maestor's were gathering around the table reading the note from Bran? Something about he let Bran Stark through the wall x years ago? I think it was maybe two? 

I think he just said "years", which makes sense because GoT purposefully keeps timelines very ambiguous.

15 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Dany's gaze in the episode preview seemed a bit worried, I have a feeling she might be swooping in on a dragon at the end of the episode to rescue some of Jon's party.

That's my stance as well, and one of the reasons I think Viserion bites the dust next week. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That's my stance as well, and one of the reasons I think Viserion bites the dust next week. 

Yup. Which kind of blows. I think it's what happens too. Unfortunately, I think that gives the army of the dead a massive advantage.

5 hours ago, Forge said:

In the shows' version, the Night's King could certainly be Brandon's brother or father, as the timing is right since the Wall wasn't yet up, and we know that Bran the Builder is the one who helped put up the wall and that was basically the end of that battle and the end of the long night. 

I didn't think the show had the Night's King as a character at all - just the Night King as leader of the WWs

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

I didn't think the show had the Night's King as a character at all - just the Night King as leader of the WWs

Yeah, that's basically what I'm saying. In the book, there is a Night's King, but he was a lord commander of the watch, well after the long night. There is not a "Night King" in the way that the show utilizes him in the book, at least not yet. They basically just usurped the name (give or take an "s") and branded this new character  specifically on the show as the Night King. In the show, the leader of the White Walkers could easily be Brandon the Builders father / brother because the timeline fits. In the books, because the Night's King himself is  completely different character, it could not be - that person happened several generations later. 

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

Yup. Which kind of blows. I think it's what happens too. Unfortunately, I think that gives the army of the dead a massive advantage.

If being able to not be killed isn't enough?

If Dany goes North. They need her ready to marry Jon, and confirm him as Rhaegar's true heir. Probably force Dany to marry Jon due to his parentage becoming fact around the realm. Which would force her hand because she just can't make the legitimate King kneel considering her big speech about how a Targaryan was meant to rule Westeros.