Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

30 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

I still think the GC betray her. They were loyal to the targaryens once, and the iron bank will back who they think will win. The moment Cersei paid of the iron bank in full is where she messed up. They have no reason to protect her now, if she stayed in debt but made payments and kept the debt at a good amount, the iron bank would've had no choice to make sure she lives to get their money back. She might've asked for money to hire the GC but since they work for the Iron Bank they're not really losing money if they betray her.

Remembers Bronn's quote to Jamie and Terion about being a betting man and backing the Dragon Queen? Likely the GC agrees...

7 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

It’s gotta be somebody of similar height so that could work. 

Was Walder Frey or the girl at the feast to celebrate the taking of Riverrun the same height? I don't think so, but could be wrong.

I have to think Qyburn and Frey are of similar height...

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Was Walder Frey or the girl at the feast to celebrate the taking of Riverrun the same height? I don't think so, but could be wrong.

I have to think Qyburn and Frey are of similar height...

Arya is 5’1

Qyburn is 5’5

Walder Frey is 5’10

but hey it’s Hollywood. 

Edited by thrILL!

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

I still think the GC betray her. They were loyal to the targaryens once, and the iron bank will back who they think will win. The moment Cersei paid of the iron bank in full is where she messed up. They have no reason to protect her now, if she stayed in debt but made payments and kept the debt at a good amount, the iron bank would've had no choice to make sure she lives to get their money back. She might've asked for money to hire the GC but since they work for the Iron Bank they're not really losing money if they betray her.

So it turns out Game of Thrones was GRRM's response to people that think countries shouldn't have any debt. We get into Econ 101 in the season finale.

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Cersei's not even in the top 4 to win the throne?

I don't think they go this route. As obsessed as people are, this would spark mass rioting in the streets; some real carnage.

Imagine the jump in numbers for assaults at the work water coolers.. in line at the grocery.. road rage.. etc. 

15493aef4cdda5d0da2b7f530bdf84ed.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I don't think they go this route. As obsessed as people are, this would spark mass rioting in the streets; some real carnage.

Imagine the jump in numbers for assaults at the work water coolers.. in line at the grocery.. road rage.. etc. 

15493aef4cdda5d0da2b7f530bdf84ed.jpg

Foe Cersei to end up on the throne it would mean that the north loses, sansa, arya, Daenerys die and she wiped out all the other houses. Unless Cersei agrees to have the north be it's own kingdom by having the starks betray Daenerys.

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

The only two people remaining on Arya's list are Cersei and Gregor. 

I bet Gregor and Sandor face off but Gregor wins, and Sandor gets to see Arya kill Gregor while he is dying.

I think Jamie kills Cersei though.

I'm kinda hoping just as Sandor and Gregor are about to fight Jon runs in from out of nowhere and one shots Gregor and runs off. So all the show fans understand our pain about the NK twist.

• Like 4

A ton of the actors referred to the series ending as bittersweet... Ceresi ending up on the throne would be 100% bitter. I just cannot see that happening. All signs point to many lives being lost in the upcoming battle, ,maybe even most of the characters dead, but a "good guy" on the throne and implication that Westeros is in good hands.

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

I bet the reason they cut away and didn't see the reaction when Jon told Sansa and Arya his real identity, is because then Arya told Jon about her skills, and Arya/Sansa (and maybe Jon) came up with a plan on how they want everything to play out. D+D wanted to keep that a surprise though.

I'd be cool with this, but I think it's giving them too much credit.

2 hours ago, amac said:

Yeah I have a feeling she won't go full mad king and it will sort of be up for debate whether she is totally in the wrong or doing what she has to. Possible that Varys has her taken out behind Jon's back, and Jon ends up the reluctant king, as Varys planned

That would be one hell of a twist to end the show.

Dany doesn't go full Mad Queen. She's about to but comes back to reason, meanwhile Varys doesn't trust her future mental state, sees an opportunity to kill her planning it as if it was some accident or by someone else's doing and Jon reluctently takes the thrown thinking there is no other way to keep the realm from breaking apart back into warring Kingdoms. The show ends with only Varys knowing the truth because either Tyrion is dead by war or he has him killed.