Who killed you this week?

EaglesPeteC

I started the Saints D over not starting a D at all and Dalton over Mahomes. I am my own worst enemy. I killed me this week my opponent was just perfectly adequate. 

I have Gurley and Prater and he has Jordy Nelson and Zuerlien. I need to out score them by about 25 points. 

11 hours ago, The LBC said:

If I do lose in the only league I'm in danger of losing then the biggest person to blame is myself... because I brainfarted and (fully intending to drop someone Sunday morning and pick up a QB - Dalton - to spot start) left Wentz in my QB slot Thursday night and he got locked in.  So I took a big ol' goose egg at the QB spot.  Past that the only thing that really disappointed for me was Norv Turner's obsession with running anyone other than his star HB on goal-line carries (Cam, the backup HB, a FB no one has ever heard of - Norv loves these guys) thus taking deserved pay-dirt away from McCaffrey.

I LIVED!  By the slimmest of margins (2 points), I pulled out the win.

I managed to put up 209.5 points in my league. 

I actually feel bad for my opponent. It's the same people and same alignment every year, and the same schedule. Poor guy has played me the first week of the season the last three years, and each and every year, I have scored the most points in the league in the first week. I scored 165 two years ago (standard scoring), and he was the second highest scoring team in the league that week at 145. The next year, he scored the third highest total in the league, but I scored 178.5 (.5 ppr). And this year, I put up 209.5 against him in a full ppr situation lol. Poor guy. 

44 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Amari Cooper.

Rams D and Cooper Kupp beat Amari Cooper and a 35 point lead last night. I’m disgusted.

I had Theilen staring at me and i took Amari instead thinking he’d be a target monster all year long. I’m 0-1 so far because of that decision.

The Rams are tough...Amari should improve...but I agree it was a mistake. Little chance that Cooper will be more than a weakish WR2

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

The Rams are tough...Amari should improve...but I agree it was a mistake. Little chance that Cooper will be more than a weakish WR2

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.  I trust Gruden's words to the press about as far as I can throw him, but he did say that they were calling Cooper and Jordy's numbers on offense and basically hung it on Carr that he zeroed in on Cook (Cook was eating though).

Gruden's offenses have always produced at least one 1000-yard receiver, so I'm inclined to believe it will be Cooper this year.  It just may take a while.  Right now, the only dependable weekly starter in that Oakland offense is Marshawn.

5 hours ago, The LBC said:

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.  I trust Gruden's words to the press about as far as I can throw him, but he did say that they were calling Cooper and Jordy's numbers on offense and basically hung it on Carr that he zeroed in on Cook (Cook was eating though).

Gruden's offenses have always produced at least one 1000-yard receiver, so I'm inclined to believe it will be Cooper this year.  It just may take a while.  Right now, the only dependable weekly starter in that Oakland offense is Marshawn.

Two words: Jared Cook

Gruden loves his TEs. I know nothing about what he used to run 15 years ago, but I do know that he would always gush over TEs on MNF. Jared Cook is probably Carr's most trusted guy at this point. Cooper drops too many passes, Nelson and Carr haven't been together that long... who else do they have? Hes by far their best redzone threat too 

Archived