Bears could win it all If they had a halfway decent QB

Viper652

Well, if they did have even an average QB, I don't think they would have beaten the Packers had A-Rod stayed in the whole game.

As it actually happens, both games they've played, they should have put the opposition out of sight in the 2nd half. Maybe that does happen with even average QBacking, yes. 

18 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

The Bears weren't winning it all anyhow. It is still a developing team who were not even a playoff team to begin with. And anyone that told you otherwise were either a Bears fan with goggles on or someone who don't pay attention to football.

Saying "they could win it all" is nothing but BS. 

But but but , Kahlil Mack??? It's amazing how much people overreact the first month of the season, let alone after two weeks. 

19 hours ago, BayRaider said:

It's Seattle at home, calm down. 

And? This just adds to the argument since he threw for "just" 200 yards with 2 INTs against the Seahawks defense that's a shell of its former self, at home, no less.

There's still plenty of time for him to grow, but what we've seen so far is far from impressive.

10 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Are they not a playoff team because of their qb or because they dont have enough talent?

Three things to this answer.

1) It's not really because of either. They have the talent (question mark--I'll get into this) but not the depth. And roster depth is so freaking underrated anymore (thank you madden video games and fantasy football who have warped peoples brains).  

2) When healthy yes. The talent is there--based off of last year as far as the starters are concerned anyhow. Depth...not so much. It's only two weeks into the season and before we see the inevitable injuries take it's toll and that's what I'm worried about (not really worried because it was kind of expected, hence, it takes time to build and we're not there yet) but you get the point. 

The defense in particular. Players like Floyd, Goldman, Tre and Prince are all one play away from missing games and the thought of Kwiat having to play 80% of the snaps is depressing. Aho is good backup but nothing else. We don't know about FIts yet. 

Not too mention the OL. Rookie Daniels is our only real hope and he only has experience on the interior. Sowell COULD be a solid back up outside and I think the staff believes in him but it's a certianly nota sure thing. Outside of that... we have noone that can be reliable at ANY position. Coward showed a little in the preseason--but take that with a grain of salt going against 2's, 3's and 4's. Most Bears fans don't think Leno/Massie are any good but I disagree with Leno....I think he's pretty solid and Massie, while he isn't very good starter, he would be a very good backup. So I hope we address the T position next off-season. 

These are legit concerns that most of us knew going into this season. 

3) How many players over-achieved last year? We have a few starters on defense who may have (and I feel) overachieved a bit last season given their past records. Prince, Goldman, Fuller and Amos--3 out of 5 secondary players-- all had a few down years until last season when all of them suddenly had the best seasons in their careers. Sorry if I don't believe that ALL 3 of them will continue in that direction moving forward. 

Again these are things that need to be ironed out and cannot be done overnight---That's unrealistic.

tll;dr . The Bears team this year has alot a good talent on both sides of the ball but also have just as many unanswered questions as well. And most Bears fans knew this. Most of us knew that this year wasn't going to be a playoff bound team....we were just hoping for a competitive one. Win or lose - like the Packers game (Atleast I was anyhow. I don't wanna sound like I'm trying to speak for the entire fan base here). And next year we would then have a beter idea of where this team is at going forward and make the necessary changes to become a playoff team NEXT YEAR. Not this one.

10 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

How are they trending in the right direction with less draft capital going forward than any team in the NFL and the 8th least cap space in the league next year?

They went all in for this season for reasons no one will understand the next few seasons.

I can tell you don't pay attention to anything else outside of the Patriots because this one of the most rediculous takes I have seen yet. 

They did not go all in for this season. Pace went all in with the ideology that they could become a contender within the next couple of years. Not this one.

And FYI before I get the usual "your just biased" heat....well guess what, not me. I may be a Bears fan but I'm as about as unbiased as you can get as a fan--regarding ANY team. I spend hours watching OTHER teams so it changes my perspective on things unlike most who only watch their own team exclusively. It used to be my "job". I have been very critical of a few moves that Pace has made this off-season that I was not fond off in the least. 

I didn't really care for the Nagy signing and tbh, I'm still in up in the air with him--it's too early. I didn't like signing Mack, although I'm liking it more now than I did after the contract. I didn't like giving Fuller a huge contract until he proved himself for another year and would've rather have used a F-tag. I laughed at the signing of Bennie Fowler (knowing he was just a camp body)  when other Bears fans were calling it a "great signing" that would push out Bellamy. I didn't care for the 10M we gave to Goldman but I wasn't mad about it either, all things considered, because I didn't wanna lose him either.

Now, whether or not Pace's plan works out or not....I don't know. But I do know as a Bears fan who has suffered through 30+ years of torment is glad to see a GM who isn't afraid to risk EVERYTHING, including his own job, to FINALLY try an bring a title to a city that hasn't seen one in over 30 years after the biggest 2nd half let down over 10 years ago in 2006. We sat through Stedt, ANgelo and Emery......none of which had the balls to do what he is trying to accomplish.   

Like I said, I have been critical of Pace in my own right. But I sure as hell respect his effort and always will. No matter the outcome. 

14 hours ago, frenchie said:

I guess Trubisky is going to get the Jared Goff treatment....

Amazing how some players are given years to find their potential, but certain folks are expected to be superstars by year 2...

No one has expected him to be a superstar. It's not like he's looked average and we're disappointed. He looked downright dreadful on MNF all things considered.

Archived