NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

To answer the question, I'm not sure. But I feel like this may be the craziest week I've seen in the NFL in some time (clowney, Tunsil, AB)

Edit, well I guess the trades happened 8 days ago, so craziest 8 days

luck retiring right before that too

Edited by August4th

NFL is king.

It’s survived controversy after controversy. Yet we all still watch. It generates more headlines than any other major sport in America. I mean good lord, you’d think Andrew Luck retiring would be THE story of the offseason. Yet that’s a complete afterthought.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

It’s survived controversy after controversy. Yet we all still watch. It generates more headlines than any other major sport in America. I mean good lord, you’d think Andrew Luck retiring would be THE story of the offseason. Yet that’s a complete afterthought.

Luck retiring is still THE story of the offseason. 

41 minutes ago, CKS97 said:

Basically, it’s been a joyless nightmare unless you’re a Patriots fan

Some of us don't want him. I couldn't help but lose a bit of respect for my team (a little bit...I also know that they will just cut his A if he plays up). As @FourThreeMafia correctly put it - it smacks of rewarding bad behaviour. Although, he's not the franchise here, we throw to RBs as much as we do WRs, it's not a glamorous area, he would be a [very good] cog in the wheel. He may well be dissapointed.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Some of us don't want him. I couldn't help but lose a bit of respect for my team (a little bit...I also know that they will just cut his A if he plays up). As @FourThreeMafia correctly put it - it smacks of rewarding bad behaviour. Although, he's not the franchise here, we throw to RBs as much as we do WRs, it's not a glamorous area, he would be a [very good] cog in the wheel. He may well be dissapointed.

Brady and Belichick see the sunset.   As well as Brady is playing and as good of a coach as Belichick is, they know they only have a few years left.   They likely want to pile up championships and build a legacy that can never be topped (they already have, but they want to make sure there is no comparison, ever).

Even though I am a Steeler fan and I am supposed to hate the Patriots, I have no ill will towards them whatsoever.   They are doing what they can to improve their team.  Can never fault them, or any team, for that.

My only issue with any of this is it feels like Brown is getting everything he wanted, just by being the biggest POS he could possibly be.    Everyone seems to think Im jaded JUST because I am a Steeler fan.   If Brown had merely requested a trade, went somewhere else, and had success, I would have nothing against him.    That isnt what happened.      He diva'd his way off of two teams, until got to sign where he wanted.     There will be more players to copy this formula now that they see how pathetic and weak some of these teams are.   I still wish the Steelers had kept him and made him ride the bench all season.     

Brown went from being one of my favorite Steelers ever to perhaps my most hated ATHLETE ever.    

There is more I could say, but it would probably earn me a warning, so I will stop there.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Brady and Belichick see the sunset.   As well as Brady is playing and as good of a coach as Belichick is, they know they only have a few years left.   They likely want to pile up championships and build a legacy that can never be topped (they already have, but they want to make sure there is no comparison, ever).

Even though I am a Steeler fan and I am supposed to hate the Patriots, I have no ill will towards them whatsoever.   They are doing what they can to improve their team.  Can never fault them, or any team, for that.

My only issue with any of this is it feels like Brown is getting everything he wanted, just by being the biggest POS he could possibly be.    Everyone seems to think Im jaded JUST because I am a Steeler fan.   If Brown had merely requested a trade, went somewhere else, and had success, I would have nothing against him.    That isnt what happened.      He diva'd his way off of two teams, until got to sign where he wanted.     There will be more players to copy this formula now that they see how pathetic and weak some of these teams are.   I still wish the Steelers had kept him and made him ride the bench all season.     

Brown went from being one of my favorite Steelers ever to perhaps my most hated ATHLETE ever.    

There is more I could say, but it would probably earn me a warning, so I will stop there.

I'd be completely the same, and there is nothing to fault with any of that. Sensible. 

He became one of my most hated athletes ever, as well, and just because he's now on my team - I can't just shake those feelings. He's a POS, and I'm not comfortable with the decision.

• Like 1