How did Buffalo Bills become so terrible

Lazy10

5 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Bengals almost lost to Colts, then beat Ravens. Ravens destroyed Bills. 

Therefore Colts roster =\= Bills roster 

FACTS

I use this logic when Miami gets their annual victory over NE.

NE > anybody in the NFL

MIA > NE

MIA is da best

We didn't want to be the 76ers before Hinkie. Okay, good enough to maybe squeak into the playoffs with a bunch of over the hill vets, but never good enough to win.

We cut a lot of talent for future assets, it's going to be ugly this year, but we have $110-130M in cap room next year (yes, really) and are likely to have the #1 or #2 overall pick (depending on if Josh Rosen can play or not). It's a rebuild year, we had to do it, the team as was constructed before wasn't good enough after Rex and Whaley tore down what was a very talented and young team we had when Rex got here because it didn't fit what he wanted to do.

We aren't completely devoid of talent, Tre White is still playing well considering how much opposing teams are just picking the defense apart, Edmunds has ups and downs, Allen looks at least like the game isn't overwhelming for him. It's a process. It's going to be a long process and if Allen busts then it's all for nothing, but we needed to tear things down and do this, point blank we weren't good enough before to contend.

The Bills are terrible because they overachieved mightily last year. And they literally have zero playmakers on offense. How are they going to get big plays? Ok you can live without big plays if you have a good running game and OL. They have a terrible OL and no standout RB's.

This is a very poorly constructed offensive team. I actually believe that the Bills QB situation will be alright in time, but they need to completely revamp and overhaul the garbage they have around the position. Josh Allen is going to be a good QB, but they've literally built the offense around the exact opposite kinds of players he would thrive with. Who the eff is their GM?

26 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

The Bills are terrible because they overachieved mightily last year. And they literally have zero playmakers on offense. How are they going to get big plays? Ok you can live without big plays if you have a good running game and OL. They have a terrible OL and no standout RB's.

This is a very poorly constructed offensive team. I actually believe that the Bills QB situation will be alright in time, but they need to completely revamp and overhaul the garbage they have around the position. Josh Allen is going to be a good QB, but they've literally built the offense around the exact opposite kinds of players he would thrive with. Who the eff is their GM?

When Beane took over we didn’t have squat on offense outside of Shady. I mean we had Sammy but we were never going to pay him, and we didn’t have the cap space to go spend. This coming offseason is MASSSIVE for Beane though. He needs to go on a nice spending spree and hit on those draft picks.

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

The GM has had one draft and has hardly begun building the offense or the team in the way he and McDermott vision it. 

18 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

The GM has had one draft and has hardly begun building the offense or the team in the way he and McDermott vision it. 

I hated their decision to get rid of Watkins and then replace him with freaking Zay Jones and Kelvin Benjamin. Plus they traded away a very solid OT to essentially move up a few spots. While the jury is still out, I haven't really liked a single one of the moves he's made aside from drafting Tre'Davious White.    Wasn't Beane the GM during those decisions too?

54 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I hated their decision to get rid of Watkins and then replace him with freaking Zay Jones and Kelvin Benjamin. Plus they traded away a very solid OT to essentially move up a few spots. While the jury is still out, I haven't really liked a single one of the moves he's made aside from drafting Tre'Davious White.    Wasn't Beane the GM during those decisions too?

Beane took over after the 2017 draft, officially but we think he had his hands on that draft.

You hated getting rid of Sammy Watkins, who we got a 2nd round pick for? Stoppppit you silly goose. We weren’t paying his underachieving *** anything near what he got. He’s over paid AF for his production. 

I can understand the gripe with trading away Glenn, but Dawkins was/is seen as the LT of the future and he played really well as a rookie last year and is obviously really cheap.

Zay and Benji suck. Can’t defend either of those picks. I thought Zay would be a good one, but he’s been anything but that on or off the field, and Benji is a big slow bum whom i can’t wait to see off of our roster. Dude is absolute trash.

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

That’s more like it. The bills Defense looked like the defense from last year and Allen showed he has talent. Silenced the haters with 3 total TDS, no turnovers and beating the Vikings on the road. 

As I said on another thread, Bills made the playoffs 9 months ago and only lost 10-3 on the road to the Jaguars. Nobody thought they dominate today in Minnesota but still...their defense played well in a playoff game only 9 months ago. 

1 hour ago, FinSting said:

As I said on another thread, Bills made the playoffs 9 months ago and only lost 10-3 on the road to the Jaguars. Nobody thought they dominate today in Minnesota but still...their defense played well in a playoff game only 9 months ago. 

I for the love of me. Couldn't figure out why we struggled so much defensively this year. Our secondary seemed to take a huge step backwards but we didn't lose anyone with significance. Seems we are back on the right track.

I'm so confused. While I definitely think part of it was the Vikings looking forward to their Thursday night matchup versus the Rams, blowing out the Vikings is still impressive. Josh Allen suddenly looks like a seasoned starter? The Bills defense actually stopping somebody? Crazy. Will be interesting to see if they can keep it up.

Archived