Week 3 Gameday Thread

Johnny Nix

3 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Wentz looks bad this game.

I mean his 2nd best WR is Jordan Matthews, who just got signed earlier in the week. Pass protection not doing him any favors either (and it's not even necessarily the OL, they've been average I will say, but lot's of unchecked men). Definitely a bit of rust there though, we've seen some poor decisions.

6 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

If I was a defensive player I’d seriously consider taking some sort of stand against these rules. 

I think they're going to have to. What's going on is simply ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Unfortunately, there's no consistency with the rule.  The rule in place is right, but it's enforced sooo poorly.  It needs to be excessive or unnatural football acts.  Not this pansy crap.

Not only is there no consistency with the rule, it wasn't very well thought out in the first place. As you said, it's for "excessive stuff", which is way too broad. Something like that can't change from game to game like the strike zone in baseball or hand checking in basketball. I feel bad for Matthews. Two weeks in a row and the same crap...

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I mean his 2nd best WR is Jordan Matthews, who just got signed earlier in the week. Pass protection not doing him any favors either (and it's not even necessarily the OL, they've been average I will say, but lot's of unchecked men). Definitely a bit of rust there though, we've seen some poor decisions.

Yeah, the INT was an awful decision.

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Not only is there no consistency with the rule, it wasn't very well thought out in the first place. As you said, it's for "excessive stuff", which is way too broad. Something like that can't change from game to game like the strike zone in baseball or hand checking in basketball. I feel bad for Matthews. Two weeks in a row and the same crap...

No, it's not really.  You can't pick up a QB and body slam him into the ground.  That's pretty blatantly excessive.  Nothing Clay did is considered excessive.

Archived