Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

SAG voted for a potential strike... Combined with the writers strike it's going to be a very very slow period for releases coming up if these negotiation don't make progress soon.

Could potentially be a gold mine for indy film makers.

On 6/6/2023 at 12:09 PM, 43M said:

Most Hollywood writers these days are laughably bad anyway.    The fact they all think they deserve a raise considering the drivel they create is laughable.    You can find better writers on fanfic sites.

the whole process is broken. It's so odd to feel like we are still in one of the better eras but also one of the worst.
With companies blowing huge budgets on crappy shows and blaming everyone but themselves. They are slowly killing a good thing with the 3rd wave of the streaming wars.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

the whole process is broken. It's so odd to feel like we are still in one of the better eras but also one of the worst.
With companies blowing huge budgets on crappy shows and blaming everyone but themselves. They are slowly killing a good thing with the 3rd wave of the streaming wars.

Wish I could like this more than once.

Spot on.

If there were some small hint of self awareness or accountability, at least Id have a glimmer of hope that things could better going forward.    But when I see Hollywood constantly making the same "mistakes" over and over and opting to push agendas rather than entertain, I have to solemnly accept that this is how things are now.

Oh well....I guess it does make me appreciate the very occasional great movies and/or show that come out these days.    Just sad how utterly devoid of talent and creativity Hollywood has gotten, especially studios like Disney, who are surviving soley based on past glory as they run the once beloved company straight into the ground.

• 3 weeks later...