Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

19 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Not to be outdone, old school PS fans might enjoy this:

That wouldve been pretty exciting about 25 years ago when people actually gave a damn about that franchise.

Maybe they are looking to revive it, but I dont see it going far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 43M said:

That wouldve been pretty exciting about 25 years ago when people actually gave a damn about that franchise.

Maybe they are looking to revive it, but I dont see it going far.

Agreed. Still, if the wife is interested, I'll check it out. Looks like it might be a little too corny for me but you never know. 

16 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

If they made it a littler darker with some comedic elements would’ve been better imo 

See, I'm under the impression that we're going to get a good mixture based on the 1:25 mark of the trailer. They're obviously not going to show us everything but since that part exists, we are certainly getting some very dark parts to it.

From the looks of it however, it does seem like they're going more comedy than dark and by a good margin.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/13/disney-cuts-back-on-marvel-star-wars-content.html

a. Thank god. 
b. I wonder if they knew over-saturating their product would create significant burnout or if they knew it was a limited window of peak profitability and put it in as much as they could while the iron was hot for that reason. Regardless, I think they mishandled both properties (Star Wars in particular) based on what they had and what they could’ve done with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/13/disney-cuts-back-on-marvel-star-wars-content.html

a. Thank god. 
b. I wonder if they knew over-saturating their product would create significant burnout or if they knew it was a limited window of peak profitability and put it in as much as they could while the iron was hot for that reason. Regardless, I think they mishandled both properties (Star Wars in particular) based on what they had and what they could’ve done with it. 

Gotta love Iger kinda passing the buck on what was ultimately a lot of his decision in the last couple years of his previous tenure.

Quantity over quality was definitely a problem. They showed no restraint along with every other studio/service the last 5+ years. They all became Netflix in the way they drown you with new stuff, it became even more impossible to keep up even hearing about shows.

Not allowing the studios to breathe and collect themselves was mostly on the Disney higher ups. You give each project more time to cook maybe some of the big misses / let downs could’ve been fixed then and not by some YouTuber making a video essay after release.

Give the sequel trilogy more time to actually write out a plan, step in to course correct on Doctor Strange rewrites and how off the rails Love and Thunder got. Maybe stuff like Falcon or the Obi-wan show could’ve been helped with less episodes. Or even look in the mirror and ask yourself what the hell you were thinking with the Boba Fett show after day 1.

There still have been some good stuff, it’s just I think people are getting tired of panning for gold in a stream of mediocrity.

• Like 3

Outside of maybe 5% to 10% of modern Hollywood writers, you could probably find more or at least equally creative and talented people on fanfiction sites.    Im not even joking.    These people want more money to write absolute dogpoo that lose studios millions upon millions.

Unfortunately, theyll get what they want instead of being told to pound sand.

• Like 1