Week 4 Gameday Thread

Johnny Nix

My thoughts on the Tampa game.  Tampa hasn't played a defense worth a snort until this week.  But pretty much every team they've faced has put up massive point and yards on their D.  This particular game is more a testament to Chicago's defense than Trubisky - who is basically par for the course as far as facing the Bucs D goes, he's just gotten more opportunity to work against them in the first half than other QB's they've faced have because they're offense was able to move the ball, score, and eat clock against other poor defenses.

4 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Yea but unless you actually think Trubisky is "5 passing TDs in one half" good, then I'm not sure why it matters if nobody has done it yet.  I mean, do you honestly think the stat-line better represents Trubisky's skill as a QB at the present time (which would be elite if that was the case) or the Bucs ineptitude as a defense?

Trubisky is playing well, but lets not overreact.  The Bucs defense is just terrible.

No, I dont think Tru is going to throw 10 TDs a game.  But to act like it's just the Buc defense is not giving any credit to how well he and the rest of the offense is playing right now.  He looks like a #2 overall pick today.  And after the blasting the kid has had to deal with in the first 3 weeks, he deserves the credit today.

Just now, Magnifico said:

Forgot about them. Haven't watched a single one of their games this year.

How have the Panthers been?

They've been solid.  Not as good as in years past (so far anyway), but we picked Dalton off 4 times and controlled that game really well after the first quarter.  I'd say they are still in the top 15 of defenses.

Let the doubters repent...... may the naysayers and weenies that questioned the man grovel in shame....... let Canton open its doors!

Add this name to the Pantheon of Greats! How right and true it sounds! Unitas........ Marino......Elway....... Manning.......Brady.........and MITCHELL TRUBISKYYYYYYY!!!!

Image result for Mitchell Trubisky

Image result for Goat

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No, I dont think Tru is going to throw 10 TDs a game.  But to act like it's just the Buc defense is not giving any credit to how well he and the rest of the offense is playing right now.  He looks like a #2 overall pick today.  And after the blasting the kid has had to deal with in the first 3 weeks, he deserves the credit today.

Who isn't giving him credit though?  Nobody is saying Trubisky looks bad (this game) or anything.  We're just saying the Bucs defense sucks... because they do.  It just seems like you may have taken it the wrong way.

The offense is performing well, but can you blame people for thinking that this has more to do with the defense that has looked terrible all year (Bucs) than it does the offense that before this game has struggled all year (Bears)?  

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Truthfully, I am. Until he shows he does it consistently, I really don't care about the single game. 

I'm not asking for him to throw 5tds in a half consistently, mind you lol, but I certainly want him to appear not to be a liability more often than not. 

I have defended him when others called him a bust saying he needs more time, but I'll also argue that this single game in and of itself means absolutely nothing. Just like a single horrible game in the past means nothing. It's about what he does on a week in and week out basis and the sample is still too small one way or the other to make that determination as of yet. I'll let you know in 2020 lol. 

I agree that he needs to start to play more consistent week to week.  That he can't just hang his hat on a single game.  But if you're going to blast the kid when he doesn't play you need to give him the credit when does.

Gase always finds ways to beat mediocre and bad teams, but this team ALWAYS folds like a lawn chair against good teams. And it's not because they play better teams. They play like complete **** and look clueless. Penalties, turnovers, horrendous play calling. This is why I'm still not sold on Gase. 

Archived