Week 4 Gameday Thread

Johnny Nix

Just now, Lilseb93 said:

Gase always finds ways to beat mediocre and bad teams, but this team folds like lawn chair against good teams. And it's not because they play better teams. They play like complete **** and look clueless. This is why I'm still not sold on Gase. 

From the other side, it looks as though there's a slight issue on execution - if that was sorted, I bet you could put together long drives. The plays are there, just not executing. Tannehill should move a bit more - we are folding the pocket slightly, but I bet if he escaped and ran about, we'd be on skates as usual. It's there for them, just execute. 

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I agree that he needs to start to play more consistent week to week.  That he can't just hang his hat on a single game.  But if you're going to blast the kid when he doesn't play you need to give him the credit when does.

If he's only going to play well 25% of the time, then no, he doesn't really deserve any credit for that.

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I agree that he needs to start to play more consistent week to week.  That he can't just hang his hat on a single game.  But if you're going to blast the kid when he doesn't play you need to give him the credit when does.

I mean, at the same time, it's fair to call/comp him to what this performance is comparable to right now: Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Yes, his stats are pretty, but this really isn't a case of him looking off defenders, moving guys with his eyes, throwing guys open.  He's placed some dimes - that deserves credit - but he's also benefiting from quite a few busted or blown coverages resulting in big plays for scores... against a defense that has yet to prove this season that it's not horrible.

Just now, Forge said:

It's the one good thing about the hall putting Morten in...there's no way to keep Vinatieri out lol. 

In a game where longevity is an accomplishment in itself, and we also see how many kickers can't hold down a job because they don't have the mental capacity to stay cool in crucial moments, there should be a place for kickers in the Hall of Fame.

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

From the other side, it looks as though there's a slight issue on execution - if that was sorted, I bet you could put together long drives. The plays are there, just not executing. Tannehill should move a bit more - we are folding the pocket slightly, but I bet if he escaped and ran about, we'd be on skates as usual. It's there for them, just execute. 

The play calling is a complete joke. They've done nothing but throw post routes and they gave up on the run since the first drive. NE is getting pressure only rushing 4 players. Miami has done no sweeps, crossing routes, slants, ect. Everything is the same play over and over again. 

But it's not just this game. They did this every game this season, last year, and the year before. They wait until the 3rd Q to show life. I'm not sure this team will ever contend with Tannehill and Gase. Even if we make the playoffs this year somehow, I just don't see them ever beating anyone good. It's a mess. They'll still win games this season, but IDK if this team will ever move past that. 

The Bucs defense is TRAGIC!!! I am not going to say Trubisky isnt impressing me today but to keep everything into perspective it is the Bucs defense. If it was the Chargers or the Vikings or even the Rams defense that actually have playmakers who can wreck games, I can see. Its the Bucs. They cant stop a cold and the number 2 overall pick should look good. 

I hate to rain on Trubisky truther parade but the terrible rookie season Goff had, he went to New Orleans and had (3) 1st half tds against a bad Saints defense in 2016. What can I tell you? When a defense is terrible like the Bucs, it should make pretty much everyone look like great. I want to see how Trubisky look next week at Miami. I will say this, today should give him some confidence which can go a very long ways. 

1 minute ago, Lilseb93 said:

The play calling is a complete joke. They've done nothing but throw post routes and they gave up on the run since the first drive. NE is getting pressure only rushing 4 players. Miami has done no sweeps, crossing routes, slants, ect. Everything is the same play over and over again. 

But it's not just this game. They did this every game this season, last year, and the year before. They wait until the 3rd Q to show life. I'm not sure this team will ever contend with Tannehill and Gase. Even if we make the playoffs this year somehow, I just don't see them ever beating anyone good. It's a mess. They'll still win games this season, but IDK if this team will ever move past that. 

It's criminal that they aren't hammering crossing routes. I thought Albert would have 100 up by now

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

It's criminal that they aren't hammering crossing routes. I thought Albert would have 100 up by now

Exactly. I don't pretend to be a NFL head coach, but you would think they would use their FAST WRs in space against a defense that is said to be slow. Gase boggles my mind. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's the one good thing about the hall putting Morten in...there's no way to keep Vinatieri out lol. 

He deserves to be first ballot. Nobody is ever going to be a more prolific kicker than him. Though kinda sad we didn’t get this record next week. It would have been fitting if he kicked it in a game vs the Patriots (after we shut them out for most of the game)

Archived