Week 4 Gameday Thread

Johnny Nix

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

It is just silly how people don’t want to give any praise to Trubisky right now. “It’s the Bucs D, he SHOULD be playing like this!” Really? Nobody should ever have the kind of half Trubisky just had. It’s a hell of a performance for a guy whose been dragged through the mud the past few weeks (rightfully so IMO), nobody is saying this is the real Mitch, but it’s a good sign nonetheless.

I agree. Thats why I said he is impressing me today. It doesnt wipe away the season he has had up until today though. He has struggled in all his games so far until today. Today is against the worst defense in the NFL. I dont know what else to tell you. So when he has had bad games every week this season and the first time he has look great was against a bad defense, how else you want people to take it. I want to see how he doesnt next week on the road against a better defense in Miami. To me if he has another impressive performance then I will start to say he might be on to something. One thing I can say right now is his confidence level should be high. Thats a plus moving forward.

As seemingly weird as it is to yank Fitz so fast, I totally get it. He's been around, he's started a ton of games, we know who he is, despite small samples of success. Tampa might as well get Winston in there ASAP so he has as many games as possible to prove he blows, so the franchise can move on

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

Giants haven't scored 30 points since 2015.

Do they do that by halftime vs the Saints today?

Possibly.  But they also have had a trash OL since 2015 so... the moveable force may be able to hang a little against the very resistible object.

Edit: Also the Giants have a lot of injuries to their skill position players.

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

As seemingly weird as it is to yank Fitz so fast, I totally get it. He's been around, he's started a ton of games, we know who he is, despite small samples of success. Tampa might as well get Winston in there ASAP so he has as many games as possible to prove he blows, so the franchise can move on

That and Chicago's defense isn't Pittsburgh's where you can be a couple of big plays from being at least semi-back in the game.

Archived