Week 4 Gameday Thread

Johnny Nix

Just now, iknowcool said:

Yea but unless you actually think Trubisky is "5 passing TDs in one half" good, then I'm not sure why it matters if nobody has done it yet.  I mean, do you honestly think the stat-line better represents Trubisky's skill as a QB at the present time (which would be elite if that was the case) or the Bucs ineptitude as a defense?

Exactly.

It would one thing if Trubisky had been playing well this season and then had this game. But he has been arguably the worst starting QB this season. I am sorry, this performance says more about Tampa then it does about Trubisky. 

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No, are you going to ignore that nobody has done THIS to them?

Truthfully, I am. Until he shows he does it consistently, I really don't care about the single game. 

I'm not asking for him to throw 5tds in a half consistently, mind you lol, but I certainly want him to appear not to be a liability more often than not. 

I have defended him when others called him a bust saying he needs more time, but I'll also argue that this single game in and of itself means absolutely nothing. Just like a single horrible game in the past means nothing. It's about what he does on a week in and week out basis and the sample is still too small one way or the other to make that determination as of yet. I'll let you know in 2020 lol. 

Just now, iknowcool said:

I don't want to say Mariota is bad... but he's not very good either.  That was a bad INT.

And I got yelled at by Titans fans because I didn't say he was good this off season. 

Yeah, I don't see a franchise quarterback there at this point personally. Maybe it's going to take a little longer. Given his injuries, some of the offenses he's been shoe horned in, maybe he's got an Alex Smith trajectory. 

20 minutes ago, Dome said:

The NFL App makes me want to throw destroy my phone a la Tom Brady and just go off the grid. How can such a major corporation have such a terrible media presence? Their phone app sucks, their site sucks, their console/smart TV apps suck. 

I wondered about the same thing. Especially their site is utter crap

Archived