Will Marcus Mariota Be a Top 15 Quarterback Again?

footbull3196

Will Marcus Mariota ever be a top 15 quarterback again?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Will Marcus Mariota ever be a top 15 quarterback again?

• Yes, he just needs more help
    • No, he's regressed beyond help
    • He already is a top 15 quarterback (lol)

He's looked terrible the last 2 seasons.  This team has won more games with Blaine gabbert as their starter than Mariota. Yes, I understand Walker is out for the season.  No, that is not an excuse because he has his new offensive coordinator and his high draft pick receiver.  He made Rishard Mathews so mad that Mathews quit the team because Mariota wouldn't even look his way

Ive never seen a quarterback regress so badly.  The guy he reminds me of right now is Josh Freeman.  But at least Freeman bounced back in 2012 after his 2011 regression with a 4000 yard 27 TD season.  Mariota looks completely indecisive unless his target is wide open

I'm really interested to see the excuses that people make for him at this point.  Sure seems like he's running out of them

Just now, patriotsheatyan said:

He wasn’t before.

Just now, BayRaider said:

Again?

I think you could have made a strong case for him as a top 15 quarterback after 2016 when he threw 26 TDs to only 9 INTs and almost led the Titans to the playoffs.  He's just looked completely anemic since then

4 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

I think you could have made a strong case for him as a top 15 quarterback after 2016 when he threw 26 TDs to only 9 INTs and almost led the Titans to the playoffs.  He's just looked completely anemic since then

I watched him play that year, still looked very lost. 

He's a game manager, that's fairly obvious at this point in time. It's starting to look more and more like the Titans should look to draft a QB next year. Well, at least if there's a decent one on the market. Might be one of the most sensible destinations for Derek Carr.

2 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Pretty much any QB can be a top 10-15 QB for ONE season.

Sustaining a high level of play is only something that truly good QBs can do.

My greatest fear came to fruition. We kept Mularkey around long enough to break Marcus Mariota.

That, combined with his season ending leg injury a couple of years ago, and he hasn't been the same as the rookie who showed so much flash and 4 TD passes in his opening game.

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I watched him play that year, still looked very lost. 

i don't know how you can come away from that season and think that. he was up and down early on that year but 3 or 4 games in he locked in and looked pretty consistently good. 

having said that, he's been up and down at absolute best since then, with more downs than ups. the instability in our offensive system/coaching staff and his constant injuries have totally derailed him at this point and i'm quickly losing faith that he'll ever be more than an average, stopgap-level QB. really disappointing.

Archived