2019 Draft - Edge Rushers

Forge

52 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Nah. People were on him way earlier.

I posted this video in the Ravens' forum on 1/4/18, and I considered myself late to the party. I looked him up after seeing so many in the draft community brag about his physical traits. From what I saw, everyone was hyped on him as an athlete. The big question was over his level of competition.

Good for you but that video was posted 2017  which is nice but that was his senior year of college.  Personally I feel few talked about him as a SOPH in college when I first noticed him.  Little to no one was saying anything about him regardless if it was about his athletic ability or not.  His sophomore year was 2015.  But yes that video shows some standout athletic skill I doubt Ferguson could pull off, early I thought for sure Davenport would be a 3/4 OLB type but clearly not in that type of system now and got stronger from what he was as a young prospect.

23 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Good for you but that video was posted 2017  which is nice but that was his senior year of college.  Personally I feel few talked about him as a SOPH in college when I first noticed him.  

C'mon dude. Don't act like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reamer said:

C'mon dude. Don't act like that.

My point was I do not think as a SOPH or JR in college anyone even discussed Davenport much less commented on how great of an athlete he was.  That was all after the fact and after that combine blow up.  I did not start posting here till 2017 so maybe I am mistaken.

49 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Good for you but that video was posted 2017  which is nice but that was his senior year of college.  Personally I feel few talked about him as a SOPH in college when I first noticed him. 

Maybe few did, who cares? I was only addressing your statement that- "Davenport was only considered a great athlete after the combine when he performed so well then people really then people really got on board with him". Which just wasn't true. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

My point was I do not think as a SOPH or JR in college anyone even discussed Davenport much less commented on how great of an athlete he was.  That was all after the fact and after that combine blow up.  I did not start posting here till 2017 so maybe I am mistaken.

It's possible for people to have not known about him as a sophomore but also commented on his athleticism before the combine 

You are drafting for the Packers. Among other things they need pass rush.

You have projected where you think players will go............. and think you can get Anthony Nelson (Iowa) in the 3rd (#75), and a choice between Jaylon Ferguson (Louisiana Tech) and Charles Omenihu (Texas) in the 2nd (#44). Which way do you go ?

55 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

You have projected where you think players will go............. and think you can get Anthony Nelson (Iowa) in the 3rd (#75), and a choice between Jaylon Ferguson (Louisiana Tech) and Charles Omenihu (Texas) in the 2nd (#44). Which way do you go ?

I feel that Jayson Ferguson is purely a 4-3 hand in the dirt end so in that situation I don’t think he’s a fit if you’re going to be playing 3-4 next year so I’d go with Omenihu in that scenario.............although I feel like Chase Winovich is almost destined to be a Steeler or Packer and would be a great player for you guys

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

The Packers do have Kyler Fackrell who I was a huge fan of at Utah State, kid has great size and is a fine 3/4 OLB not to mention had a good season this past year.  The players you mentioned I do not believe they would be all that great at 3/4 OLB, some might be able to play a 3/4 DE position though especially Nelson or Omenihu but I think they address OLB first.  

I would rank the 3/4 OLBs this way potentially.  Some have Polite higher but I feel he is too weak at the point of attack against the run.  Sutton Smith could be a steal and so could Christian Miller if he stays healthy.  

Josh Allen Kentucky
Brian Burns Florida State JR
Montez Sweat Miss State
Jachai Polite Florida JR
Justin Hollins Oregon RS
Porter Gustin USC
Andrew Van Ginkel Wisconsin RS
Sutton Smith Northern Illinois RS JR
Christian Miller Alabama RS
D'Andre Walker Georgia
Ben Banogu TCU JR RS

Not sure Ferguson would fit in a 3/4 OLB position but I guess it depends, he would be a better 4/3 DE I feel.

If one just wants a 3/4 DE I think these guys could be the best potentially.   I know with Oliver, Lawrence, Williams and possibly Gary as 3/4 DE is not a great fit but if asked to do it I think they could pull it off.  If Lawrence drops and the Packers have a chance at him and want DL help he would be a great choice, but again I feel they got 3/4 OLB instead of DL but will see.  

Ed Oliver Houston JR
Quinnen Williams Alabama RS SOPH
Dexter Lawrence Clemson JR
Jeffery Simmons Miss State JR
Rashan Gary Michigan JR
Christian Wilkins Clemson
Zach Allen Boston College
Charles Omenihu Texas
Anthony Nelson Iowa RS JR
Isaiah Buggs Alabama
Greg Gaines Washington
Jonathan Ledbetter Georgia
Kingsley Keke Texas A&M
Matt Nelson Iowa
Ricky Walker Virginia Tech RS
Hunter Snyder FAU RS

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I feel that Jayson Ferguson is purely a 4-3 hand in the dirt end so in that situation I don’t think he’s a fit if you’re going to be playing 3-4 next year so I’d go with Omenihu in that scenario.............although I feel like Chase Winovich is almost destined to be a Steeler or Packer and would be a great player for you guys

Ferguson could be a 3-4 DE but would need a year or so to gain weight.  He has the ability and the length, just not the weight...yet.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's not a snowball's chance in hell that Ferguson is a 34 DE.

Why not?  Arron Smith was 275lb DT from Col. St.  A year to gain strength and 15 lbs and he becomes one of the best 3-4 DEs of his era.  Ferguson has the length and skill.  Just missing the extra sand in his pants.

8 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Why not?  Arron Smith was 275lb DT from Col. St.  A year to gain strength and 15 lbs and he becomes one of the best 3-4 DEs of his era.  Ferguson has the length and skill.  Just missing the extra sand in his pants.

Most players aren't capable of putting on weight and keeping their athleticism.  They either put on the weight and lose the athleticism, or they're just incapable of keeping that kind of weight.  Happened with Datone Jones.