2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I want to keep everybody, but the reality is that we have only 2 truly “untouchable” players that will be with this team 10+ years. 

I have full confidence Dorsey will try to keep Randall.

Feel like Ward might be one of those to. 

Feel like Dorsey will try and keep as much talent as possible until Garrett and Baker get their contracts. Even then stuff can change once their is a new CBA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Feel like Ward might be one of those to. 

Feel like Dorsey will try and keep as much talent as possible until Garrett and Baker get their contracts. Even then stuff can change once their is a new CBA

Yeah but try and being possible are different. We'll have an identity after this season and our signings will be determined by that. If we succeed because of our secondary that will be good for the chances. If it's the pass rush I imagine that is where we focus. Maybe Kirko and Schobert shine and we make them a priority, however that is unlikely.

We'll buiold around a core and that core will be more obvious after the year. Seems like it would be Baker/OBJ/Ward/Garrett but things change.

Would it be worth while extending larry o before the new CBA before prices go up? His is his 3rd hear and qe may be able to get him way under market now and in the future. The same would b true for njoku. 

If we got njoku for 14 million before the next lot of te and larry at 15 it would be golden. 

At top 5 prices we can keep all our stars under cap with a lot to play with. 

43 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d let her swing that 9 iron at me all day as long as I got to sink my puts with her....

mEL0__.gif 

I mean shes def boneable, but as far as megastar athlete wives/gfs are concerned, I thought Tiger could have done better. And so did he. 

EDIT: 

Never mind. I’d cut my arms off if I got to slip it 2 her. 

Edited by BleedTheClock

On 7/26/2019 at 8:56 PM, Kiwibrown said:

Would it be worth while extending larry o before the new CBA before prices go up? His is his 3rd hear and qe may be able to get him way under market now and in the future. The same would b true for njoku. 

If we got njoku for 14 million before the next lot of te and larry at 15 it would be golden. 

At top 5 prices we can keep all our stars under cap with a lot to play with. 

I would definitely wait and see on Njoku. I mean, we could possibly have him for another three seasons anyway. He just needs to become more consistent, but he's still really young so it's totally possible that he will become a more consistent player. With our other players that will eventually need to be resigned, Njoku may be one of the odd ones out depending on how he develops.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

I would definitely wait and see on Njoku. I mean, we could possibly have him for another three seasons anyway. He just needs to become more consistent, but he's still really young so it's totally possible that he will become a more consistent player. With our other players that will eventually need to be resigned, Njoku may be one of the odd ones out depending on how he develops.

I'd agree about when, but with njoku top te's arent paid all that high, probably due to gronk and new England suppressing the market, njoku will be the easiest of our recent 1st rounders to hold onto, by a long shot.

On 7/29/2019 at 11:12 AM, candyman93 said:

I swear it feels like we always play the AFC East.

There is the beauty of the 32 team league, divided into two conferences; 4 divisions per conference.

So yes Candy, you are right - we do play the AFC East every year (and every division in your own conference). Which teams we play changes on a year to year basis, determined by the previous year's record.

IIRC, the format used is: (and I will use the AFCN as an example)

(6) games against AFCN opponents - (3) HOME - (3) away

(4) games against NFC divisional opponents - division rotates year to year - (2) HOME - (2) away

(4) games against AFC rotating division opponents - 2018 was the AFC West for the Browns - (2) HOME - (2) away

(1) games against AFC one remaining division - 2018 AFC East - Jets - HOME

(1) games against AFC other remaining division - 2018 AFC South - Texans - Away

2019 means our AFC rotating division is the AFC East - Jets and NE - Away; Dolphins and Bills - HOME