Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Are you interested?

Sure but I haven't actually met her in real life. I'm running out of things to talk about and she seems to leave it up to me pick the topic.

I do have a problem of finding things to nitpick about girls sometime. Im just not used to someone else texting first all of the time and not giving me a chance to. 

We're planning on going out on Tuesday. We'll see how it goes

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Sure but I haven't actually met her in real life. I'm running out of things to talk about and she seems to leave it up to me pick the topic.

I do have a problem of finding things to nitpick about girls sometime. Im just not used to someone else texting first all of the time and not giving me a chance to. 

We're planning on going out on Tuesday. We'll see how it goes

Ah, yeah getting together is gonna be necessary.

Just tell her you’re interested and apologize for any miscommunication.  Evaluate again after you go out in person.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ah, yeah getting together is gonna be necessary.

Just tell her you’re interested and apologize for any miscommunication.  Evaluate again after you go out in person.

Yeah we're good now. I said sorry and that I had a lot going on. I was actually planning on texting her after I got done with what I was doing

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

She seems pretty self conscious or she's used to *******s. She was asking what I'd think if she isn't the skinniest girl out there and then said she's nervous that she won't be good enough.

Any tips?

She obviously has confidence issues, just try to be supportive.

Is she fishing for compliments or do her insecurities seem legit?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

She was asking what I'd think if she isn't the skinniest girl out there and then said she's nervous that she won't be good enough.

Any tips?

reply with something very brief and low key, so to not elevate the situation any more for her, like...

"Hey, let's just meet and take it from there. I'm looking forward to it."

• Like 3

13 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

She seems pretty self conscious or she's used to *******s. She was asking what I'd think if she isn't the skinniest girl out there and then said she's nervous that she won't be good enough.

Any tips?

Really the only thing you can do is support her.  Sounds like she has some history of abuse.

Divorce meditation Thursday.  Man it sucks.  I don't miss her at all, but there's two beautiful kids involved.  This is the most concerned I've ever been about my children.  I seem to be waking up mad.  

I work across the country from where they're at right now and I don't really know what to expect going forward.  Money isn't an issue.  Time and visitation are though.  She makes it hard for me to make arrangements to see them.  I've asked about flight chaperones to fly them to California.  At least the older one.  Was told no.  I asked if my mom (their grandmother) could chaperone.  No.  

I can't just take two weeks and go see them in there middle of the project I'm working on.  

This is a lonely freaking place.

I'm feeling for all the forgotten Dad's out there right now.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Totty said:

I work across the country from where they're at right now and I don't really know what to expect going forward.  Money isn't an issue.  Time and visitation are though.  She makes it hard for me to make arrangements to see them.  I've asked about flight chaperones to fly them to California.  At least the older one.  Was told no.  I asked if my mom (their grandmother) could chaperone.  No.  

why can one parent appoint themself some form of prime parent, who gets to make decisions for both of them?

when i was getting divorced, my wife at the time tried stuff like that and i told her she had no moral or legal right to being more of our children's parents than i did. i suggested joint counseling for us to get that worked out with an independent third party. and also told her we could get a counselor involved or we could get lawyers involved.

stand up for what is yours.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 5

Jesus H Christ man.... I decided to act civil towards my ex and stop being condescending @ her for her recent life choices and she just messaged me a whole bunch of stuff that will easily make me win in court against her and custody. She is either way far gone mentally or on drugs right now to be saying all that stuff to a guy she knows is about to fight her in court. It’s so unbelievably bizarre that I can’t even wrap my head around it. She just cemented herself as unstable over messages

i don’t even know how I feel about this. I could probably take her for everything I think. 

Sorry, I had to rant. This just blew my mind. 

2 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Jesus H Christ man.... I decided to act civil towards my ex and stop being condescending @ her for her recent life choices and she just messaged me a whole bunch of stuff that will easily make me win in court against her and custody. She is either way far gone mentally or on drugs right now to be saying all that stuff to a guy she knows is about to fight her in court. It’s so unbelievably bizarre that I can’t even wrap my head around it. She just cemented herself as unstable over messages

i don’t even know how I feel about this. I could probably take her for everything I think. 

Sorry, I had to rant. This just blew my mind. 

Eff the “everything”, get the kids out of that environment if she’s not stable or on drugs.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eff the “everything”, get the kids out of that environment if she’s not stable or on drugs.

This all weighs heavy on me and I’m definitely going to consult my mom, who’s been very helpful through all this and kinda been my moral and emotional compass through it all. It’s just a sh*tshow. We split end of June because she was awful to me for having pneumonia, then she assaulted me and I had to call the police on her which is a bizarre thing for me I thought I’d never have to do. Then she literally begged for me back, sobbing on her knees and then a week later dated her current guy. Said he was better in a week than I was in 6 years. They’ve been together like 2 months now and apparently she is already pregnant with him. they physically hit and fight each other and call the cops on each other a lot. I feel almost speechless about it all because she was never this trashy. I didn’t know she was capable of being this trashy, just how she’s talking to me is not anything I even recognize after half a decade with her. It’s bizarre as hell. 

25 minutes ago, Tyty said:

This all weighs heavy on me and I’m definitely going to consult my mom, who’s been very helpful through all this and kinda been my moral and emotional compass through it all. It’s just a sh*tshow. We split end of June because she was awful to me for having pneumonia, then she assaulted me and I had to call the police on her which is a bizarre thing for me I thought I’d never have to do. Then she literally begged for me back, sobbing on her knees and then a week later dated her current guy. Said he was better in a week than I was in 6 years. They’ve been together like 2 months now and apparently she is already pregnant with him. they physically hit and fight each other and call the cops on each other a lot. I feel almost speechless about it all because she was never this trashy. I didn’t know she was capable of being this trashy, just how she’s talking to me is not anything I even recognize after half a decade with her. It’s bizarre as hell. 

So sorry man.

Hang in there though.

• Like 1