Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

On 7/18/2018 at 8:20 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

“More is lost by indecision than wrong decision. Indecision is the thief of opportunity.” - Cicero (and later Tony Soprano)

Ask the girl out.

On 7/19/2018 at 7:26 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

#2 sucks, I hate that idea for meeting people but its a different world now

#1, I feel like she was put on the spot. What is she supposed to say? "Yea, i totally have a crush on 49ersfan"(Idk your name). Thats super awkward for her and you too. Its possible she does/doesnt have a crush on you but let me ask you this. What is the downside to asking this girl out? Do you work with her? Is she closely knit into a small group of friends you have together? If neither of those things are real threat to you, then i say go for it and just dont be a jerk about it

Thanks for your replies. 

I agree, she was put on the spot, and she handled it very gracefully. I thought her reply was as good as it could be for me; she didnt deny anything or act surprised that it was even a topic. Even if she does like me, she's not going to admit it then. Afterwards we kept on talking and she was still joking around with me, playfully hitting me, etc. She said something about how it takes an hour to put makeup on to look this good, etc. 

Its just a matter of building up my courage....its probably not a big deal but i get very embarrassed when rejected. And i know a few guys that know her talk about how hot she is, it makes me feel self-doubt cuz she really is out of my league. But i still try to play it cool when we talk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Thanks for your replies. 

I agree, she was put on the spot, and she handled it very gracefully. I thought her reply was as good as it could be for me; she didnt deny anything or act surprised that it was even a topic. Even if she does like me, she's not going to admit it then. Afterwards we kept on talking and she was still joking around with me, playfully hitting me, etc. She said something about how it takes an hour to put makeup on to look this good, etc. 

Its just a matter of building up my courage....its probably not a big deal but i get very embarrassed when rejected. And i know a few guys that know her talk about how hot she is, it makes me feel self-doubt cuz she really is out of my league. But i still try to play it cool when we talk.

She probably is out of your league.  So what?  Ask her out anyway.  Take a look at most hot chicks boyfriends, those dudes all punched above their weight class too.

Chicks like confidence, not arrogance or the like, but enough confidence to look her square in the eye, tell her what you think of her and ask her if she’d like to get together sometime.

No point in worrying about being rejected either.  Worst case scenario is she says no and you’re no worse off than you are now.  At least then you’ll have your answer and can look forward to your date or keep looking elsewhere.

Good luck though, I’m rooting for you.

• Like 1

She’s not going out with you now. If she says no she’s still not going out with you. You’re out nothing. I’m married to a smoke show because I asked her out. Years later I asked her why she went out with me a second time and she said she didn’t have a reason to say no. More often than not that’s all it takes. If us guys stayed in our league the world would be a hideous place in 1-2 generations.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Thanks for your replies. 

Good luck dude. Rejection sucks whether it is a job or a girl it sucks. Forget the few guys that say that. If you have nothing to lose but having that sucky feeling i say go for it. The league thing is overstated anyways. My wife is both smarter and more attractive than i am but she still married me

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

She’s not going out with you now. If she says no she’s still not going out with you. You’re out nothing. I’m married to a smoke show because I asked her out. Years later I asked her why she went out with me a second time and she said she didn’t have a reason to say no. More often than not that’s all it takes. If us guys stayed in our league the world would be a hideous place in 1-2 generations.

I almost never see attractive dudes with just an absolute dump truck of a girl. Seems like It’s always smoke show with a doofy looking guy (talking about myself not you btw, I bet you’re handsome AF) but almost never the other way around. 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Good luck dude. Rejection sucks whether it is a job or a girl it sucks. Forget the few guys that say that. If you have nothing to lose but having that sucky feeling i say go for it. 

Yeah I don’t mean to imply that it’s not hurtful or the like, but at the end of the day anything worth doing has some inherent risk.

”I want to go to that college, but I’m afraid they won’t accept me.”

”I really want that job, but what if they don’t hire me?”

”That looks like an awesome hike, but what if I can’t finish it?”

If you live your life doing everything you can to avoid rejection, you’ll miss out on a lot of awesome stuff as most people will surprise themselves with what they can accomplish.

If this chick politely declines, in 10 years you’ll likely have forgotten it.  Of course if she doesn’t, for all you know this could be your future wife and mother to some kids.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I don’t mean to imply that it’s not hurtful or the like, but at the end of the day anything worth doing has some inherent risk.

”I want to go to that college, but I’m afraid they won’t accept me.”

”I really want that job, but what if they don’t hire me?”

”That looks like an awesome hike, but what if I can’t finish it?”

If you live your life doing everything you can to avoid rejection, you’ll miss out on a lot of awesome stuff as most people will surprise themselves with what they can accomplish.

If this chick politely declines, in 10 years you’ll likely have forgotten it.  Of course if she doesn’t, for all you know this could be your future wife and mother to some kids.

No doubt. Didnt mean it that way at all. Like the old saying of anything worth doing, is worth doing right. Some of the happiest moments in life come with major risk.

Proposing: What if she says no?

Deciding to have kids: What if we cant?

37 minutes ago, Dome said:

I almost never see attractive dudes with just an absolute dump truck of a girl. Seems like It’s always smoke show with a doofy looking guy (talking about myself not you btw, I bet you’re handsome AF) but almost never the other way around. 

Haha absolutely man! I’m 5-10.5 and 170-180 pounds and am relatively athletic, but nowhere near my wife’s level. Picture the girl next doors personality with looks to boot. Low maintenance and fun as can be.

Seriously to the OP you can do it buddy!!! Rejection isn’t fun but it’s so worth it.

My advice:

Just tell her you think she’s super fun and pretty and you’d love to have the opportunity to take her on a date. It’s simple, direct, and will make her day even if she says no, but I’d bet she won’t. If she does say no, just say “No problem! It’s a standing offer!” Sometimes girls are caught off guard, say no by default, think it over, and realize they’d enjoy it. It puts the ball in her court and you’ve already taken the initiative and made your intentions known.

Come on dude YOU HAVE THIS!!!!

• Like 1

Seven years ago, I got married. For our anniversary, my wife wanted to start the 200 beer challenge at our local beer garden. We calculated it out - it's going to take us 67 weeks (it's a 3 beer max per visit, and we get a date night a week) and we'll finish close to my 40th.

I have to say, my wife is pretty friggin awesome.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Seven years ago, I got married. For our anniversary, my wife wanted to start the 200 beer challenge at our local beer garden. We calculated it out - it's going to take us 67 weeks (it's a 3 beer max per visit, and we get a date night a week) and we'll finish close to my 40th.

We got married 7 years ago today. Great minds my man! 

• Like 2

Just now, Heimdallr said:

Is 22 too young for a 30 year old?

Just wondering what percentage of people consider that weird.

Maturity means a lot more than age. 22 is a tough call on maturity, it’ll be have to be argued on a case-by-case basis IMO

but the old rule (half your age + 7 years) says it’s alright 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

Congrats man! We’re coming up on 5 years in October, no idea what we’re gonna do but it won’t be that cool.