Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

1 minute ago, MathMan said:

please do. is the divorce final yet?

As far as I know it’s a very long process. I move out Monday (took a long time to find somewhere to go since my ex burned all my bridges to everyone I know) and will be filing soon thereafter probably. 

On 6/28/2018 at 9:16 PM, skywindO2 said:

How do I do better?

Surprised nobody gave their thoughts; at the same time I'm not surprised because, well, trying to meaningfully engage a women through a dating app is a borderline fruitless endeavor (there are exceptions I suppose, I wouldn't know)

The only advice I could even give would be to minimize the time spent communicating on the app and prioritizing real-life dates.

after a few basic exchanges hit them with the:

"Hey I'm glad we connected on here, I have to admit I'm not the best texter; how about I take you out Thursday? <That way watching me try to flirt will be more entertaining / There's just so much nuance in a face-to-face conversation you can't replace through messaging / I'm sure an actual date sounds better than getting endless messages on a dating app> (Tailor it based on her personality, your conversation, whether she's more serious or playful based on the limited bit you know)

btw ask them out on a weeknight, I like Wednesday or Thursdays. I've noticed the "tone" of the date shifts slightly and they tend to be more willing to agree

that was originally supposed to be a short response but there ya go (please note that my online dating success rate is poor but not zero so take it all with a grain of salt)

7 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I move out Monday (took a long time to find somewhere to go since my ex burned all my bridges to everyone I know) and will be filing soon thereafter probably. 

Jesus dude, lawyer up please. You never move out of your own volition before even filing.

8 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Jesus dude, lawyer up please. You never move out of your own volition before even filing.

I don’t really know what I’m doing. But she’s sleeping with another guy in my bed every time I go to work (We’ve been separated a month but she instantly started sleeping with other guys) so I’m really just trying hard to get out. Don’t have money for a lawyer really 

36 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I don’t really know what I’m doing. But she’s sleeping with another guy in my bed every time I go to work (We’ve been separated a month but she instantly started sleeping with other guys) so I’m really just trying hard to get out. Don’t have money for a lawyer really 

Bruh...

Can we start a GoFundMe to keep tyty from having to sleep in some other folks wet spot?

Feel bad for ya homie, jokes aside.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Good thing you have access to a massive, virtually instant database.

Here's a good place to start:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=should+i+move+out+before+filing+divorce

Get proactive my dude

Getting proactive. I did call the cops on her a month ago for assaulting me so maybe that might affect the leaving before divorce thing. Since the police told me to find somewhere else to live that day lol

3 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Getting proactive. I did call the cops on her a month ago for assaulting me so maybe that might affect the leaving before divorce thing. Since the police told me to find somewhere else to live that day lol

Don’t listen to the cops, they aren’t lawyers and don’t have your best interest in mind.

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

As far as I know it’s a very long process. I move out Monday (took a long time to find somewhere to go since my ex burned all my bridges to everyone I know) and will be filing soon thereafter probably. 

I'm really sorry to read all this Tyty.  Definitely talk to a lawyer and get all your options on the table so you can make more informed decisions.   Best of luck to you. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 4:07 PM, cddolphin said:

Surprised nobody gave their thoughts; at the same time I'm not surprised because, well, trying to meaningfully engage a women through a dating app is a borderline fruitless endeavor (there are exceptions I suppose, I wouldn't know)

The only advice I could even give would be to minimize the time spent communicating on the app and prioritizing real-life dates.

after a few basic exchanges hit them with the:

"Hey I'm glad we connected on here, I have to admit I'm not the best texter; how about I take you out Thursday? <That way watching me try to flirt will be more entertaining / There's just so much nuance in a face-to-face conversation you can't replace through messaging / I'm sure an actual date sounds better than getting endless messages on a dating app> (Tailor it based on her personality, your conversation, whether she's more serious or playful based on the limited bit you know)

btw ask them out on a weeknight, I like Wednesday or Thursdays. I've noticed the "tone" of the date shifts slightly and they tend to be more willing to agree

that was originally supposed to be a short response but there ya go (please note that my online dating success rate is poor but not zero so take it all with a grain of salt)

@skywindO2 I agree with pretty much all of this. If you are going to use a dating app you can make contact and start a back and forth but I would get an in-person date sooner rather than later. Plenty of times people will want to talk and then never respond when you when you ask them out. Better to be chasing a chance than a shadow. Last thing you want is to have this long back and forth forever and then when you finally want to get together they dont respond. 

So glad i dont have to deal with dating now because it has to suck. Cant date where you work and bar/club life is hard to weed through the people worth dating