Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

On 7/18/2018 at 6:29 PM, 49ersfan said:

2 things 

1- There's this girl i know who's  been flirty to me in person, but almost unresponsive by text. And also curious, just last week, she did me a small favor, and another friend said "why, you got a crush on him?" She replied "straight to the point!" and then "he's my friend". I didn't pursue it further. However, I was thinking, and I feel like if she wasn't interested/hadn't thought of me that way, she would be a lot more surprised/be more forceful in a denial, or incredulous. Her response gives me pause that she does have a crush on me, but like i said, talking to her via text is like pulling teeth, and it makes me feel like i'm a burden on her. Totally different in person and in text. Still debating whether to ask her out, feel its truly 50/50. 

2- I'm so sick of using tinder/bumble. The amount of flakes are staggering. I just had 2 girls flake on me in the last week and over the last 2 years, i've never actually met a woman off those apps (any women i've met have been off POF, OkCupid, or people i know in real life). What sucks is the girls i match with on tinder/bumble (esp bumble) are the best looking ones. But its such a gut punch to match with so many women and then they just flake and flop.

#1 - Go with your gut.  If you're gut makes you think she's interested, ask her out.  Don't beat around the bush.  From my perspective, if you think the texting is forced she's probably not interested.

#2 - Unfortunately, that's the nature of Tinder/Bumble.  I don't want to say it's all the girls on there, but there's a large portion of them who are using it essentially as a confident booster.

4 hours ago, Tyty said:

Tinder and bumble seem out of my hands, can’t do anything unless my profile or pics appeal to people. Okc is different cause I can apparently just message anyone right off the bat 

Why do I feel like you're a 14 year old with way too much time on your hands?

8 hours ago, Tyty said:

Tinder and bumble seem out of my hands, can’t do anything unless my profile or pics appeal to people. Okc is different cause I can apparently just message anyone right off the bat 

Idk about the 1st 2 but yea i know you can message right off the bat. What I’m saying is if you honestly have 200 then just message them because i bet a solid 80% wont respond. That’s not you that’s just them wanting to be pursued and just have someone to talk to.