Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

9 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

So what is the morality on dating multiple women? OK as long as nothing gets serious and there are actual discussions about exclusivity? Or is there a certain time period after which that is implied?

I'm far from an expert but I think as long as you're not, for lack of better term, facebook official, it's fair game. 

Also I think "Kelly" ghosted me so Kevin was definitely a bad choice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

So what is the morality on dating multiple women? OK as long as nothing gets serious and there are actual discussions about exclusivity? Or is there a certain time period after which that is implied?

Well I’m a monogamous, married man who’s been out the game for a while, but I’ll give my opinion.

If this is a casual, you’ll know it.  Proceed as a cocksman.

If this is someone you’re speaking to daily, asking about your life, etc., they’re more than casual.  At that point I’d discuss it with them.  Personally I’d rather err on the side of not hurting or embarrassing them. If you think you care about them, or may, value that.  

Random sex isn’t hard and finding someone you care about isn’t easy, I wouldn’t risk the latter for the former.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well I’m a monogamous, married man who’s been out the game for a while, but I’ll give my opinion.

If this is a casual, you’ll know it.  Proceed as a cocksman.

If this is someone you’re speaking to daily, asking about your life, etc., they’re more than casual.  At that point I’d discuss it with them.  Personally I’d rather err on the side of not hurting or embarrassing them. If you think you care about them, or may, value that.  

Random sex isn’t hard and finding someone you care about isn’t easy, I wouldn’t risk the latter for the former.

You give pretty good advice when you're not punching people in the souls here.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I read morality as mortaility. This guy is a psycho. 

I never had a problem dating multiple women at once. I used to have problems getting dates.

What's the morality on that? Or the mortality?

12 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

i think men and women should be exclusive in their dating, it's just more respectful. feeling the humanity of the other person, even if it is not a serious engagement, is an important character quality. if it's so casual that you don't even regard them as a real person, just a toy to play with, then it's really time to move on anyway.

this doesn't come from a place of me being prudish, far from it. it comes from a place of respecting other people. and respecting yourself.