Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

6 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Pretty much what I figured. Just thought I might be putting myself in an ackward position down the road

Absolute worst case scenario is it works out with with a few women at the same time and you say "sorry the timing just isn't right but I've gotten serious with someone else" after 2-3 dates and everyone moves on.

If they freak out over that, you dodged a bullet anyway. Chances are they are seeing multiple people too because women get 20x the action that men do on online dating sites/apps

• Like 2

On 8/25/2018 at 5:48 PM, vikesfan89 said:

Pretty much what I figured. Just thought I might be putting myself in an ackward position down the road

I mean, if you're still in the "feeling out" phase than no I don't see an issue.  If you've been on a few dates and you're into her, that's probably a different story.

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

my wife has left me

for 5 days. she is visiting her parents in wanaka. 

How should I maximize this opportunity?

Get a maid service to clean your house thoroughly the day before she returns, try to pay in cash or something so it's a surprise / so you can take credit.

• Like 4

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

My mum has already said she would do that. 

The result may be as good.. but she may be more appreciative if "you" do it (or arrange for it to be done professionally). Just an idea. Did it once for a girlfriend and the gesture was well worth the small effort. Take your mom to lunch as a surprise instead. Two birds (hehe), one stone.

So another girl's been messaging me online. I don't see it going anywhere because she's a packer fan, but man she gives me nothing to work with. A few word answers and does very little to extend the conversation. Seems like a big football fan so I figured that would help but nope

On 29/08/2018 at 8:48 AM, ET80 said:

Wakanda!? Holy hell...pick me up some vibranium.

Wanaka. Lots of phds working in retail, and rich old white people. 

Amazing lake mountains, super beautiful. 

Cant a Ford to move there house price 1 million dollars for an average house.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Went on an first date with a girl today. Beyond the fact that going to a bar to watch a three and half hour football game together was a really bad idea for a first date, she was also a Packer fan. Before we decided to watch the game together, I offered a friendly bet. Packers win, I buy her a drink, Vikings win, she buys me one. I don't think this one is going to work out.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Went on an first date with a girl today. Beyond the fact that going to a bar to watch a three and half hour football game together was a really bad idea for a first date, she was also a Packer fan. Before we decided to watch the game together, I offered a friendly bet. Packers win, I buy her a drink, Vikings win, she buys me one. I don't think this one is going to work out.  

yep, you went dutch so fate had told you that you are officially in the friendzone

(and based on your disclosed information, she is too good for you)

• Like 1