Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

On 8/30/2018 at 11:11 AM, Jimmy Austin said:

Is it wrong if I only want to date girls who like the same football team as me? 

I mean I would rather have someone to cheer with than someone who will cheer against me. 

I mean, if it's that important to you sure.  But from my experience, I'd rather date someone who is interested in watching the game with me as opposed to someone who doesn't like football even if they don't support my team.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, if it's that important to you sure.  But from my experience, I'd rather date someone who is interested in watching the game with me as opposed to someone who doesn't like football even if they don't support my team.

Ideally what you're looking for is a date that wants to have sex with you while watching the game. I mean - games can always been viewed in detail on replay - but "Go Team Go" sex.....well, that cant be duplicated :) HA!

On 10/2/2018 at 1:45 PM, Leader said:

Ideally what you're looking for is a date that wants to have sex with you while watching the game. I mean - games can always been viewed in detail on replay - but "Go Team Go" sex.....well, that cant be duplicated :) HA!

You’re crazy, get your priorities straight.

When the game’s on, the game’s on. 

The mrs can wait.

• Like 2

Allow me to offer a counter argument:

My wife and I have different views on sports. She used to hate them with a passion (used to be due to unresolved abandonment issues with her dad - which I fixed, because I'm effing AWESOME) but now, she's kinda into it. She'll watch Astros games with me, watched a bunch of Texans games with me, we went to a few bowl games together (I used to get tickets to the Advocare Texas Bowl pretty frequently) and she watches the Rockets simply to talk trash to her extended family in San Antonio (some issues can't be resolved, no matter how effing AWESOME I am. Aunt Timofina is a B anyways).

While she's into it now, it's still nowhere near where I'm at as a fan. And that's a good thing, because...sports is my ME time. It's time where I can meet up some buddies, get a beer, maybe eat some nachos and a pulled pork sandwich with slaw, smoke a cigarette if I'm ever so inclined to do so (haven't smoked one in two years, but I could if I wanted) and just detatch myself from the responsibilities of being a husband, father, head of household, bread winner, etc. 

That's an important part of any relationship - you time. Sports is a natural way to get that. My wife will usually go visit her mom, or drop the kids off with my mom so she can go paint (which is HER "me" time - it goes both ways).