2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

13 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Daniels is an easy cut if you sign Suh.

From a culture perspective, if we cut Daniels to sign Suh, that would probably make me more upset than any other roster move we've made. And that includes cutting Herb Waters

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, count me out on players from that list.  There is no way any of those players with the possible exceptions of Clowney and Collins will actually be worth that money. 

So would you be in on one of Clowney or Collins?

I think Lawrence is worth it on open free agency tbh maybe not from us though

Edited by JBURGE

Just now, JBURGE said:

So would you be in on one of Clowney or Collins?

I think Lawrence is worth it on open free agency tbh maybe not from us though

Lawrence had seasons of 0, 8 and 1 sacks before his contract years.  Not interested.  Same with Clowney.  There have been rumors of Clowney's "injuries" going all the way back to college.

I'd be in on Collins, absolutely. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lawrence had seasons of 0, 8 and 1 sacks before his contract years.  Not interested.  Same with Clowney.  There have been rumors of Clowney's "injuries" going all the way back to college.

I would be in on Collins if we can get a deep center fielder in the draft, or a cheaper one in FA as well. 

52 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

From a culture perspective, if we cut Daniels to sign Suh, that would probably make me more upset than any other roster move we've made. And that includes cutting Herb Waters

Have no idea what culture perspective has to do anything as a football player.  What would be so upsetting?

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yep .. those numbers for Collins would not scare me off too much.  The rest of that list is too rich for me.  Clowney has had serious knee issues that are bound to flare up again.  I'm not sure about these projections though .. who in their right mind is going to pay Tyrell Williams 12 mil per season?

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Clowney and Lawrence at those numbers scare me.

On that list, Collins is the one to look at.

And...can't help but wonder if the best deal on there is L. Bell.  3 down back, workhorse.  Uber talented.  Someone will really like him at that number.  Not us, but in terms of play for contract, he's a good one on there.

20 hours ago, rcon14 said:

Yeah it was definitely my bad. I forgot to add before the comparison that it was percentile ranking, not total rank. I could see why that would be very confusing. My bad.

No, def. my bad. I should have realized that it was based on percentile by the numbers being used.

It just goes back to not posting when I have been drinking.😂

• Like 1