Week 11 GDT

Gannon12

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

What is going on this year, I simply do not believe that the Rams/Chiefs/Saints are some ungodly collection of offensive talent the league has never witnessed before.

Is there some low-key rule change causing defenses to flail about ineffectually this year? I don't get it.

No idea. It's very weird. Part of it is the officiating, but it's hard to believe that's the entirety of it.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, but those interior guys are pass rushers. Well, with Oliver you're more or less projecting that he is, but based on his athleticism, you could potentially be talking an almost Aaron Donald type ceiling. LIS, if you're willing to play him full time, he and Buckner on the interior could be sick. And you have to think of the benefit - there's just no way you can double Buckner at that point any longer, and that is the one weakness in Buckner's game, so he gets better than he already is. Now obviously, there's no guarantee that someone like Oliver or Williams is even close to Donald, that should go without saying. But if they have that kind of talent, I think you just have to do it rather than reach on the edge. I certainly don't love it, but I definitely wouldn't consider it wasteful to be honest. 

Yeah, you have to go after the best player. But that puts Solomon Thomas in a bit of a bind.

Archived