Patrick Mahomes II vs Jared Goff

Chiefer

Whos Better?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Whos Better?

• Patrick Mahomes
    • Jared Goff

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

He reminds me of a better version of Matt Ryan than Peyton but I can see the comparison. 

He has better feet and arm talent than Ryan. Frankly, Goff's production this year and last year are better than all of Ryan's career except for his MVP season and this year. It's a bit weird that Goff gets compared to Ryan despite doing more at 23 and 24 years old than Ryan has done in basically his entire career. Plus, he's not saddled with the weaknesses that Ryan is (namely, a poor deep ball and mediocre arm strength).

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

He has better feet and arm talent than Ryan. Frankly, Goff's production this year and last year are better than all of Ryan's career except for his MVP season and this year. It's a bit weird that Goff gets compared to Ryan despite doing more at 23 and 24 years old than Ryan has done in basically his entire career. Plus, he's not saddled with the weaknesses that Ryan is (namely, a poor deep ball and mediocre arm strength).

Either way, still sucks we went with Mariota instead of Goff fml.

To me, it's seriously impressive for a guy to have a great year and then follow it up with an even better year.  I was extremely high on Patrick Mahomes during the draft process, so naturally I believe he will be an amazing player.  However, Jared Goff is really impressive.  What I'm really curious to see is how both of these QB's play in the postseason.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Goff is more like Peyton Manning.

Yea I’m not seeing it. People forget just how good Peyton was because his last few years he declined rapidly. In his prime he was the best QB I’ve seen (better than Brady and Brees). He was considered the most talented QB ever coming into the NFL and his career backed it up. Comparing Goff to Peyton is wishful thinking by Rams fans.  

17 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Yea I’m not seeing it. People forget just how good Peyton was because his last few years he declined rapidly. In his prime he was the best QB I’ve seen (better than Brady and Brees). He was considered the most talented QB ever coming into the NFL and his career backed it up. Comparing Goff to Peyton is wishful thinking by Rams fans.  

My thoughts exactly. I don't know if in his prime he had the best prime ever but definitly, during his prime years, it felt like there is nothing you could really do to stop Manning.

Goff seems to me like a QB who could definitly have (big) problems if not playing with a strong OL, regardless of McVay. Most QBs obivously won't perform as well if not well protected, to a different degree, but Goff seems to me like he  could really struggle without a strong OL.

I personnaly have Mahomes and Wentz clearly above Goff.

Mahomes easily...I think Goff will have a Big Ben type of career...probably never best QB in league but consistently around 5-7 range. Mahomes is just a crazy talent...he makes the sport fun to watch. My fav performance of Mahomes was actually match against Broncos in Week4. I think Chiefs were trailing by more than 1 score in the 4th quarter. Denver's DLine was all over Chief's OL. The way Mahomes won that match for Chiefs was just something special. Kid is a special special talent. I am interested to see how Goff does under an below par or atleast an average OL

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

Peyton didn't feel nearly as unstoppable come playoff time, and that makes me compare other QBs to him more favorably than I otherwise would.   

What people are saying of Mahomes now, They were saying of Watson last year. Beware the ides of march. 

With that said, If i had to pick whose more talented it'll be Mahomes. Still though Goff is bae, And for him to play at this level at the age of 

24 is fire. He's going to destroy the season he had last year, Which was excellent. 

Mahomes does have a stronger arm but there is no way his accuracy is on the same level as Goff. 

Anyone who thinks that doesn’t watch rams/chiefs games.  

I’d be willling to bet if someone shut down (somehow) Hill that Mahomes wouldn’t be as productive.  It’s like Wentz with Ertz. 

2 hours ago, Gmen said:

Peyton is the GOAT for me, yet I've been making that comparison since Goff was at Cal. He's Peyton's successor. He even looks like Peyton at the LOS.

Archived